Mint Mania and Rad Rainbow Sherbert?

Mint Mania and Rad Rainbow Sherbert?

A Chapter by emma:)

 

    "Emma! Can you please hand me my lemonade?" Jenny asked, with her drink being at most a foot away from her.

     "Why can't you just get it yourself? It's closer to you!" I motioned with my hand for her to go right along and get her own stupid lemonade.

     "But it's hot and I'm about to die of thirst!" She cried, falling backward. She looked really pathetic.

     "Fine, I'll get it for you." I replied, getting up. "You know you really are high matinence."

     Obviously ignoring my comment, she said, "Thank you!" and sipped her lemonade, watching me out of the corner of her eye.

     "Hey, Jen, do you want any ice cream? I think I'm gonna go get some." I asked her, counting to my money to see if I had enough for she and myself to both purchase a cone.

     "Um, why not?" she smiled, still drinking her lemonade.

     Wow, maybe she was thirsty. Oh well, that doesn't make her less of a drama queen.

     "Okay, what do you want?" The ice cream man asked, sounding a little discouraged and frustrated.
     "I'll just have a Mint Mania and Rad Rainbow Sherbert, please." I said, handing him the money. What stupid names. I can't believe people get paid to make these up. I wouldn't mind having that job.

     "Excuse me, miss? Miss?" I could hear a voice say. His voice was getting louder every second. "MISS?!" he screamed again.

     I looked up. Apparently it was the ice cream man, whose name I could tell was Rob by his name tag, getting very angry with me! I was getting a little freaked out, because I had never really been yelled at. Well, except for maybe one time when I was 6 years old, but I spilled baby powder everywhere on purpose, so I deserved it.

     "Excuse me? I have a name! Don't yell at me! I'm a person just like you! A person who doesn't like being yelled at for no reason!" I said, sounding as dumb as ever. I suck at being mean.

     All of a sudden I saw him look and me with not very promising eyes. "Listen, I'm sorry. I was just trying to give you your change. You were like, staring at nothing. I wasnted to see if anyone was home." he laughed.

     "Whatever", I said as I snatched the ice cream cones and change away from his hand very quickly and turned to walk away.

     I could hear some girls snickering at me, but they were most likely the Fab Four, Angie, Bella, Anna, and Kristi. Those girls are probably why we have locks on our doors and windows. 

     Because if we didn't, who knows what could happen.

     Anyway, the Fab Four, (That's what they call themselves) are the most popular girls at school. They were pretty, rich, and psycho, all at the same time. The complete package, wouldn't you say?

     Well, the Fab Four are at the park every Saturday, just waiting to start a new rumor about someone. They rule the school, which is very disappointing to hear. They feed off of other peoples' humiliation. Especially the non-populars'. And I'm lucky enough to be one of them.

     "Emma, did you seriously scream at the ice cream guy? I heard you looked enraged and like you were about ready to punch him! That is so not like you!"  Jenny squealed with excitement.

     "Let's get this straight", I said, pulling her down on the picnic blanket with me. "I slightly raisd my voice to him, but that's it. You know I wouldn't do that. Besides, who even told you this nonsense?"

    I could hear her hesitate, "The Fab Four."

    "And you believed them?!" I asked in shock.

     "Not really... That's why I asked you first!" she replied, trying not to look into my eyes.

     I rolled my eyes as I handed her the ice cream she had been longing for.

     Her eyes widened like I was giving her gold, or something. She grabbed the ice cream from my hands and began devouring it.

     But hey, that's just my best friend for ya.

 

 



© 2008 emma:)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really cute and funny! I enjoyed reading it! Good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


it's really funny, emma :> GOOD JOB! write more :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 28, 2008


Author

emma:)
emma:)

Two-Oh-Nine, CA



About
well, my name is emma. :] im not as old as you think i am. i love to write about my personal experiences. so please read.!! thanks, emma more..

Writing
Hot Ice Cream Hot Ice Cream

A Book by emma:)


Am I Being Punk'd? Am I Being Punk'd?

A Chapter by emma:)