Blind Date

Blind Date

A Story by writerkumar
"

This story is about a person who is searching for love.

"

I saw her in the office corridor, again today. Her beautiful face is only the most inspirational item in my life, these days. After having slapped by bad times, repeatedly, my mind became numb; as a result, all my inspiration and its related activities have become subdued. I stopped showing interest in either materialistic or physically exciting stuff these days. After a gap of six months, today, suddenly, I am seeing her again. Exactly, I do not know in which department she works in our office. Nevertheless, we used to meet every day, in the corridor, during my coffee outings. At least once in a day, I used to get the opportunity of seeing her beautiful face and chiselled physical features. However bad the day may be, her flirtatious looks explodes cupid volcanoes inside my mind and excite me for a couple of seconds before she vanishes into the other side of the corridor, along with her colleague. I do not know exactly why she disappeared. Again today, she resurfaced again, after a gap of six months, with the same looks and grace. As usual, she glanced at me while I am walking toward her. I still see the same spirit dancing in her eyes when she glances at me as six months before. Although the “greetings through eyes” episode is there for the last 8 months between us, the matter has not proceeded further due to so many obstacles.

Most of the times, we both are with our colleagues when we greet each other in silence. Lack of time, and hectic schedule, bad boss, and bugging buddies, etc, collapsed the spirit of the tower of love that we build every day through our side-glances at each other. Time, as they said, never waits for anybody. Missed opportunities hardly come back. Although I know all these things since my birth, yet, I am unable to proceed further on my part. As I already told you that, there are hundred reasons on my part in not doing so. However, after I realized how much I missed her in the last six months of her absence, I concluded that I indeed liked her very much and felt a desperate urge to express my feelings to her. Now, when I see her, my heart is beating fast and my mind is spitting hundreds of ways and thoughts that I can use instantly to tell her what is there on my mind. Without my knowledge, my legs started moving toward her direction.

At this moment, she is talking to her colleague, slightly bent toward her, while giving furtive looks at my side. Finally, I put myself, in front of her; in other words, I blocked her way, physically. Sensing my presence as an obstacle in their path, her colleague whispered in her ear something, which is barely audible to me. They both stopped a few feet away from me. Her facial expression changed a little bit. A normal facial expression has replaced her smiling expression now and she started looking straight through me though I am trying to look into her eyes. Her colleague, wearing a question mark expression with a wrinkled forehead, started staring at me. For a second, tension started building in the air. To clear the air of anxiety and to make my position clear, I cleared my vocal cords and without batting my eyelids, straightaway looked into her eyes though she is not looking into mine, hesitatingly and gingerly asked her, “Do you ... me?”  Her normal facial expression slipped into a confusing one and she slightly parted her lips to say something but stopped from doing so. Her colleague took a fraction of a second to understand what is going on, relaxed her facial muscles, looked at me coolly, and gave me a nasty look that says she witnessed and experienced this kind of situations before and knows how to tackle them, clearly and precisely. She stepped forward, leaned a little bit toward me, and whispered into my ear saying, “She is blind. She cannot see you.”

Her words exploded a volcano in my mind; an emotional one. The impact of the volcano sent shudders through my spine, paralyzed my whole body, and brought tears into my eyes. After she said this to me, she looked into my eyes for a second, stepped back, held ‘her’ hand in a guiding manner, and moved away to the other corner of the corridor, slowly.    

© 2011 writerkumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on February 3, 2011
Last Updated on February 3, 2011