Un’forget’table Love

Un’forget’table Love

A Story by writerkumar
"

The pain when someone you love ditches you.

"

“Hmmm ...” I don’t think she likes this ... But, what about this one; a beautifully decorated fresh red color cut flower bouquet. Now, I am sure that she would like this. I am confident that I know her taste. Not only that, but, I have this idea that I can read her mind, given a chance! After dating her for the last five years and having exchanged incredible intimate notes about each other in our ‘so called’ exclusive meetings, I feel that I know her very much. In other words, I am sure that she also thinks the same about me. I am thankful to God for what he did to my life at this moment; he blessed me a ‘second life’ by bringing her into my life. 

After roaming in foreign lands on a business trip for three years in a row, I just landed here a few minutes back, went to airport shopping lounge, and bought an exclusive bouquet for ‘her’. I came here to make it up with her about what has happened between us earlier and surprise her with my marriage proposal. That’s why, after my flight landed, the first thing what I did was to switch-on my mobile to call her. Unluckily, her mobile was switched off.

No issues! It happens some time, but I am not complaining. I think this kind of moments really increase the liking between two souls. The main thing that I respect and adore her is the loyalty factor towards me. Although I stayed away from her for three hard years, we have been in touch with each other through mails and phone calls, until recently; I mean, up to two months back. A small misunderstanding came between us and she took it to her heart and emotionally exploded on me. I apologized to her so many times to calm her but of no avail. She was in no mood to pardon me. I tried calling her after that fighting episode but she was not picking my calls.  

Well, all this happens in everyone’s love life, right! Life is not bed of roses and everybody knows about that. However, people cannot accept or digest thorns in their life. Nevertheless, I don’t think that is a big issue. She has been not talking to me for the last two months but I have been way from her for the last three years. So, in one way, she might got frustrated internally, in an emotional way, about my “staying away” from her and might have expressed the same when she got a chance to do so. I am OK with all her disturbed feelings. Instead, I like her longing feelings for me.

After roaming different places and meeting people with different cultures and behaviors, unconsciously, I developed some understanding and patience. In this case, we know each other for a long time and a small disturbance like this definitely creates some yearning for each other, which in turn nurtures our romantic emotions; at least that’s what I feel. I love these feelings!  “Tring, tring”! Sorry, my mobile is receiving some signal. One of my old friends is calling.

I received the call and said ‘Hi’. I heard a sudden burst of happiness on the other side. All my friends are so excited about my career and me. They like me very much. Suddenly, his voice went down. He started speaking with a sympathetic voice. I asked him, what happened? He was silent for a second and blurted that ‘she’ is getting married today. “What?” I yelled out. All the nearby passengers in the airport have turned their attention towards me. For a few seconds, I was not in my senses. I did not know what is happening around me. My whole world has become topsy-turvy. All my dreams of last five years went down the drain.

The ‘gift of my life’ that God had given me was taken away from me, but why? Can ‘two months of silence’ has that much power to create such a big chasm between us, forever? Then, what about all those sweet nothings we had shared all those five years? Did not they have any value or power over her? Was that all I could expect from this relationship after patiently waiting for this many years? I was devastated for a few minutes. Then slowly, my mind started regaining its consciousness and busily started charting out my path about what I have to do. After a lot of internal debate, it decided that I should go back to the place where I came from. In other words, it has decided that there was nothing for me here. Sceptically thinking about what has happened, I pushed myself to the ticket counter to book my return ticket.

© 2011 writerkumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So sad,how could she be like that.You better have made her up.She better not have just let you leave.I am heart broken at the ticket counter with you

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 3, 2011
Last Updated on February 3, 2011