The Lifestyle of an IT Employee

The Lifestyle of an IT Employee

A Story by writerkumar

After IT (Information Technology) invaded the world and established itself as one of the main paymaster fields, most of the people started joining it looking for bright career and future. Compared with other fields’ employees, IT employees sport a different lifestyle. First, the age band of most of the world IT workforce falls between 25 and 35. Most of these employees are fashionistas. During recession, they turned as recissionistas. During and after office hours, they frequently go for smirting. They prefer googling about anything instead of asking face-to-face with others. They prefer to roam around with their ultra-stylish laptops and PDAs; most of them are irrevocable infomaniacs.  To choose their life partner, these people prefer checking matrimonial sites, instead of using the traditional matchmaking arrangement setups. When it comes to finance, since they are well paid they don’t mind spending huge amounts lavishly on modern gadgets like iPod, Blackberry, etc, just to experience the next level of luxury and comfort. Although most of these people belong to the sandwich generation, they do not suffer with that ‘week-end/month-end’ syndrome when it comes to dealing expenses just like other field employees. During weekends, while their counterparts working in other fields go in search of movie tickets from theatre to theatre, these people roam around with their laptops looking for new Wi-Fi hotspots and notspots to download new movies from illegal sites, freely. Unlike their counterparts in other fields, these people always look to upskill themselves from various resources. Just like everything comes with advantages and disadvantages, people working in IT field waste most of their time talking/bragging about ‘It girls’ for their time pass.  Their sluggish lifestyle during their working days, which involves sitting in a/c rooms for hours and hours in front of their lappies doing coding, decoding, analyzing, deducing, etc, calls for dynamic weekend lives. The young IT employees are always game for sports such as bungee jumping, tombstoning, trekking, etc, which involve lot of physical activity and fitness.        

 

In summary, the lifestyle of an IT employee is drastically different from the employees of other fields.

© 2011 writerkumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 7, 2011