Conscience – Your Immediate Judge

Conscience – Your Immediate Judge

A Story by writerkumar

Anybody is inured to bad habits if he stays in a bad company for more than an acceptable amount of time. His good habits trail behind and his benevolent soul disembodies his body just like how water escapes through a scupper. One of the bad habits is favouring adulation. Flattery is like intoxication. You do not find anything abnormal when you started taking it. But, you feel yourself topsy-turvy when that intoxication leaves your body; in this case, when the same people who have been praising you, stop that and start scolding you. People, who are effected by bad habits, naturally incline to give declamations when they are questioned about them. Although God has setup some automatic garbage collection kind of system in our body to purify it from impurities entering our body through various ways and means, but he has not given the same capability to our mind. If he had given, we would have been bowdlerizing all the objectionable habits, words, perceptions, stereotypes, etc, from our mind time-to-time and keep our thinking clean. Our life is nothing but agglutination of different difficult ‘not to fit’ circumstances. To survive this kind of paradox circumstances consistently, we need to have a strong character. Anyways, whatever we does, God, at the end, will judge it by our doings throughout our life. However, God has empanelled a jury known as ‘conscience’ in every human being to judge his own actions or thoughts at any point of time and drive himself to take correct action, instantly. This conscience lets us know, internally, whether we are doing a good thing at any moment. If you listen to your conscience and correct yourself the moment it warns you about doing something bad to others, you will save yourself from God’s anger on your D-day.   

© 2011 writerkumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Deeply analytical, a prosed argument with a sense of self worth, well written, good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 19, 2011