Optimum Communication

Optimum Communication

A Story by writerkumar
"

In modern world, people boycott YOU if you don’t communicate!

"

Sometimes, holding a few secrets/things is a good thing, based upon the context.  Some old cultures on planet earth gave high priority to ‘secrecy’. For them every line of communication is confidential. Whatever told cannot be conveyed to others, unless you have permission from the source. If at all they find that you are not sticking to the norms of secrecy, you are boycotted and punished immediately. However, one can see this kind of contexts, even today, more in tribal cultures.

 

In modern world, people boycott you if you don’t communicate. Here, the modern world is exactly following the reverse trend in communication - transparency. All these modern gadgets, social networking sites, blogs, twitter, etc, helps a person to convey his thoughts 24 x 7 x 365. Moreover, there are readers, who sit readily out there to give feedback on whatever is posted at any point of time. All sorts of topics about a person, from his birth to death including every intimate life detail can be posted, shared, discussed, and blogged about. The saying, “My life is like an open book and anybody can read it”, is literally followed and implemented in this modern world.  Moreover, there are some people out there who are very much interested in giving minute-to-minute feedback about what they are doing, where they are going, whom they are talking to, what they discussed with whom, etc, details which are of no use to anybody.

 

It is like that the pendulum has swung from one extreme (secrecy) to another (transparent). People who experience both the extremes, definitely, will be in dilemma about what to follow. Because, in both the secret and transparent cultures, the disadvantages are more compared to the advantages one can get. If holding important information is one of the disadvantages of the old world, spreading vulgar morphed images and distributing personal intimate secrets of somebody else life is the problem of the modern world transparent communication culture. Actually, we need transparency in bugging issues like rampant corruption, nepotism, etc, issues that really help people to come out of the rut they are staying in but not in projecting or discussing somebody’s personal problems out there in the open forum without showing any decency and respect to the rights of the discussed person.             

 

In summary, people must realize that they are using this modern world communication related technology in an incorrect way.  Spending hours on phone talking and updating all the happenings around you to the other person in real-time and blogging the same, neither do not in any way improve your communication skills nor is it a judicious way of using technology. We all need to show some responsibility and restraint in conveying our thoughts, ideas, etc, about others or reacting/responding to any situation.

© 2011 writerkumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on May 13, 2011
Last Updated on May 13, 2011