Mavericks – Traditional Societies

Mavericks – Traditional Societies

A Story by writerkumar

Mavericks display louche character; this is the idea what one gets when they interact with them. Sometimes they love to play the role of a good samaritan and other times exactly opposite. It seems that enjoying life every minute by experiencing what they do is the main motive of these mavericks. One can say they are joie de vivre. Sometimes this kind of people are good to break social impasses. They show a new direction to those people, who dare not go against established but out-dated rule and regulations. No matter what they do, these mavericks use all their racked up energy to do things differently. Most of them are highly ego-centric and one special character of theirs is that they never give unsolicited advice to others.

Traditional societies do not accept mavericks and their behaviour. One can see that traditional societies end up punishing this kind of people irrespective of their positive contributions to the society. The reason is something like this; no matter how beautiful a person is, if she is noisome nobody approaches her, right? Similarly, one stale dish can destroy a smorgasbord dinner. In traditional societies, one has to get accepted before they say something that should get accepted by the society. To get accepted by the society these people in turn have to follow society’s accepted rules and regulations, which mavericks are very bad at.  

In summary, mavericks with their unique mind-set are a misfit in traditional societies but are a best fit in the modern world, which gives importance and weightage to the idea instead of the behaviour or personality of the person who is contributing the idea.

© 2011 writerkumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on December 18, 2011