Rays of Son, week of May 24, 2015

Rays of Son, week of May 24, 2015

A Story by Greg Miller
"

A man seeks to improve his relationships.

"

Man Seeks to Improve His Relationships

 

By Greg Miller © 2015

 

Ronald sent an email message to several of his friends.

 

“Please describe our relationship,” Ronald wrote. “Do you consider me an average friend, a below average friend or an above average friend? Also, please tell me if there’s anything I can do to improve our friendship.”

 

Reginald was the first friend to respond to Ronald’s email. “We only met at church about two weeks ago,” Reginald wrote. “But I recently moved here from another state, and I haven’t met many people yet. I would like to get to know you better, especially since we attend the same church.”

 

Rosie, with whom Ronald worked, wrote, “Thanks, Ronald, for your email. Thank you for being my friend. I don’t seem to make friends easily. We’ve been friends for about 20 years, when we started working at the factory together. I think of you as an above average friend, because we both are Christians and you are always doing something nice for others.”

 

Roma was surprised to receive Ronald’s email. “I’ve known you for about five years,” she responded. “I would describe our friendship as below average, but I would like for the friendship to become above average. You seem like a super nice guy.”

 

For months, Roma had a secret crush on Ronald, who also had a secret crush on her. Ronald responded to Roma, “I appreciate your response to my email, and I would like to improve our friendship. Would you be interested in meeting for a sundae tomorrow afternoon at the town’s ice cream parlor?”

 

“I can meet you tomorrow at about 5 p.m., if that’s okay with you,” Roma replied.

 

Ronald emailed, “See you at 5 p.m. tomorrow.”

 

The couple met at the appointed time. Ronald recognized Roma by her cute dimples. She recognized him by his dark mustache and his almost-bald head.

 

Roma ordered a strawberry sundae, while Ronald chose a dark chocolate sundae. The couple talked about a variety of topics and decided to meet a week later for banana splits.

 

Once again, Ronald and Roma met at the appointed time. Roma’s banana split consisted of three scoops of strawberry ice cream, two bananas and a double scoop of whipped cream. Ronald chose three scoops of banana ice cream, three bananas, with a side order of whipped cream.

 

Eventually, the couple’s relationship blossomed, and they began talking about getting married. Roma warned Ronald of her limited cooking skills. “I’m not a very good cook,” she said. “I do pretty well on desserts, so every night for dessert we’ll have ice cream sundaes and banana splits!”

 

To contact the writer of this column about speaking engagements, including Christian Comedy Fundraising Outreaches, Christian Creativity Seminars and/or puppet ministry, please email [email protected].

© 2015 Greg Miller


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on June 25, 2015
Last Updated on June 25, 2015
Tags: man, seeks, improve, relationships, married, cooking

Author

Greg Miller
Greg Miller

Johnson City, TN



About
I write short Christian stories for a free weekly column available to newspapers, magazines, ezines, church bulletins, and individual email addresses. more..

Writing