How can we attract what we want

How can we attract what we want

A Chapter by Glee

I think of myself as a student of well being, for a long time i have been searching for a principle of life that can greatly improve our mode of living. I want a clear method or technique that can improve the main aspects of our life like our health, our success and our relationships. I have looked at different authors, motivational speakers and spiritual gurus and i have found that at the core they all share similar solutions. This article is a synthesis of the most important principles i have learned in my quest and could perhaps be the most useful piece of content for one who has had a similar pursuit. Even if you are a skeptic, if there is an ounce of possibility that this were true, it would still be worth your while to have a look at the ideas am about to share.

The principle i have found most useful is the law of attraction. It is based on the basic rule that like attracts like and therefore if you desire to have something you must put yourself in a state in which you would be if you already had it. For instance if you want to live in a posh mansion, you must feel, think and act as if you are already living there and then the universe will arrange itself in a way in which this thing will be attracted to you. You manifest your mansion by acting as if its already yours.

It sounds too good to be true, doesn't it. All you have to do is change your thinking and you can have whatever you want. I know i didn't believe it either, it seemed too simple to be real and indeed there is a catch. Note that the law of attraction can work both ways, if you are fond of thinking, feeling and acting out your greatest fears you are actually attracting them to you as well. This means you could be causing your own failures and lack without knowing, praying and wishing for what you want but while strongly believing that you are not worthy of it. The key is to change your mindset in such a way that you believe that its already yours and instead of struggling and forcing your way to it, it will come to you. It may be your dream partner, your dream house or your dream job, anything that you desire that seems to be beyond reach.

But its so difficult to change our beliefs because our mind has a negativity bias, most of us are constantly on the look out for crisis and danger and therefore we are always in a state of fear and anxiety which makes it hard to imagine our own prosperity. It may take some effort and work to change our mindset and in this article i seek to uncover the various techniques how this could be achieved. I would also like to look at the science behind the principle and how it actually works because only then can we truly believe that it is possible to change our mode of thinking.

Most new age gurus explain the mechanism of the law of attraction through the law of vibration. Bob Proctor says everything in the world consists of vibrating energy, that includes all matter, our bodies and our minds. From the physics of wave resonance when two objects vibrate at the same frequency their waveforms reinforce each other and therefore become connected. Bob uses the example of a radio receiver which has to be on the same frequency as the radio station in order to receive its signal. Similarly the things that you desire which are consisting primarily of matter are already existing somewhere in the universe. Joe Dispenza calls this universe the quantum field of possibilities where all potential outcomes exist. This is larger than the universe we can see with our senses and therefore can only be perceived through the imagination. In order to attract positive things you have to change your internal frequency to match that of your external desires by changing your thoughts and emotions. Much as this explanation of the mechanism of law of attraction may be true, it sounds more like pseudoscience because there is no way to prove it. We have no way of measuring the vibrational frequency of an emotion such as love, hate or happiness and that of wealth, health and success to check if they match. This is why i prefer the neural scientific explanation of law of attraction which is a little more complicated but is in line with everything we know about neural science.


© 2023 Glee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on October 27, 2023
Last Updated on October 30, 2023


Author

Glee
Glee

About
Just a ordinary person trying to figure things out through writing. Hope you enjoy... more..

Writing