Prologue: Gone

Prologue: Gone

A Chapter by Razz Hall

       My mom always told me my dad was a good guy, even though he was out late all the time, and would never answer my questions when I asked him where he was. I never understood why she always said that, especially when he came home at two in the morning once, and started yelling at her.

       I lay down on the living room couch, pretending to be asleep, and I heard him yelling, "Why did you tell him?"

       My mom yelled back "Nothing! I didn't tell him anything!"

       "Then who did?" my dad asked loudly.

       They were quiet for a while. Then my dad said, "We need to leave."

       "You're going to take him?" my mom said quietly.

       "I have to, you know that," he said.

       I wanted to jump up and protest. But I was afraid he would take me, too. So I stayed where I was, and listened to them.

       "Please, don't," my mom said. "Don't take him."

       My dad didn't answer, and I heard him walk upstairs. I peeked at him when he came back down, and he was dragging my very tired-looking twin brother, Gideon, behind him. His dark brown hair hung in his blue eyes, and his clothes were all wrinkled.

       "Joseph!" my mom screamed.

       My dad said something, but I couldn't hear it. I heard the door slam, heard my mom start crying, and soon I fell asleep.

       When I woke up the next morning, my dad and my brother were gone.



© 2011 Razz Hall


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well done, but you might want to expand on the context of the story. I know this is a prologue, so I don't expect it to be very descriptive, but for future chapters that is something you may want to try. Perhaps consider internal monologue. The story that is established here does sounds interesting though. Nice start.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wonderful. sounds like something a person experienced. try harder and write more

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2011
Last Updated on July 9, 2011
Tags: gone


Author

Razz Hall
Razz Hall

Missoula, MT



Writing
1. Vote 1. Vote

A Chapter by Razz Hall