A Dummy in Public

A Dummy in Public

A Story by R.Guy Behringer
"

A redneck evening.

"

    So there I was, sittin' in my favorite chair on a Sunday night watching the Deer channel when my dang phone rings.


"Ronnie? Can you come pull me out of a ditch? I got my right wheel off the road a bit and I'm stuck."

I said "Kevin, where are you?"

He said "I'm ‘cross from the Raley’s Supermarket on........"

Anyway, I get there and there's this fat lady with a kid under one arm and a long Marlboro hanging out her mouth, holdin' up traffic with her free hand and Kevin's car is a*s-over-tea kettle in the south bound side ditch, which is 3 feet deep.

    Well, he hooked the tow strap up wrong and that mother of the year with her cigarette bouncing, yells to me

"He's gonna get his fat a*s rund o'er!"

I run back and fix the tow strap right under his license plate, which is 4 feet in the dang air. Meanwhile traffic is backing up on one side and racing by on the other. I jump in, throw it in Low 1 and mash the throttle. My truck lunges forward, but no good. I back up and do it again. Tires screaming, smoke billowing, cars honking and babies crying. It was pandemonium. About the 5th try, old Blue came through for me. Just in time too. I no sooner had the straps off when I saw CHP heading toward us. Well, I hope they were having a good night, but I wasn't gonna stick around and ask 'em. I nodded to the Marlboro Mom and dropped it in D. Don't know what happened with Kevin, but if I know my friend he probably grinned and charmed his way out of another ticket for being a dummy in public.

© 2018 R.Guy Behringer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great story ;D I love the comedy aspect of it


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 30, 2016
Last Updated on September 17, 2018
Tags: Rednecks, Humor

Author

R.Guy Behringer
R.Guy Behringer

Lincoln, CA



About
I'm a retired truck driver, married and a father of three grown sons, two pit bulls and one red heeler. I like to play guitar, build and rebuild rifles, hunt wild boar, Fishing, camping, gardening and.. more..

Writing