White Hell

White Hell

A Story by R.Guy Behringer
"

What happens in our dreams may not be real but what if they're not dreams?

"

    Walking through the blue-green grass, his feet were getting wet from the dew on the lawn that spread over and down the hill that led to the small rickety pier. His wet footprints on the sun bleached planks were the only proof the boy was ever there. He plopped down on the end of the pier and swung his skinny white legs over the edge, his toes were two feet from the placid green surface of the water. The boy pulled his hook loose from a notch he had made in the dark ring joint on his cane pole and then reached for the coffee can of worms he had brought down with him. He reached out but there was nothing there. His hand frantically patting a semi circle around the planks he sat on. Nothing. Nothing was there. The boy’s heart was racing. He couldn’t see the can of worms or the pier. The sun was beating down on him and he was getting hot. The boy reached up to remove his hat but it wasn’t there. Nothing. Nothing was there. He dropped his pole and it fell into the water making a small plop sound. He slapped his cheeks with both hands in shock but his hands only clapped each other. Nothing. There was nothing there. His head was gone! The boy silently screamed.


    His ears rang with the sound of his own screams as he bolted upright in his sweat soaked bed. It was just a bad dream. His bedroom door opened, letting in a jaundice light, and the boy saw the comforting silhouette of his tall father standing there.

“Are you alright son?” he said.

Then he saw the figure of his wonderful mom squeeze between his dad and the door.

“Billy?” Billy! Oh my god! Where is his head?!” she wailed.

Billy’s father stepped into the room and flipped the light on. The boy reached up to cover eyes that weren’t there. His mother and father were lizard people and they were coming for him. Their scaly green hands reaching out. His mother’s tongue wiping her own eye. The boy tucked into a ball and screamed as he felt their reptilian claws shake him.


    The boy awoke staring into the most gorgeous set of blue eyes he had ever seen. They belonged to the naked blond girl currently straddling him in a smelly college dorm room. Her eyes rolled back into their sockets, just then, and her hands released their grip slowly on his own hands as the color drained out her face and she went limp. The door crashed in behind her and two large guys with baseball bats stormed into the room. He released his grip on the dead girl's throat letting the new corps fall off of him. Savage screams filled his ears as the Louisville Sluggers crashed into his skull. It crushed like a rotten jack-o-lantern.  


    White. Colorless. Savage screams. Nothing. Blinding pain. More screams and then nothing again.



“Okay, folks." the doctor addressed his staff "I think we'll see an immense overall improvement in the patient. We may have to do a follow up in a day or two.” he said. “Nurse," he continued "let’s keep him on 75 mg of Thorazine once a day for the next week. I’ll reevaluate in seven days. I think he may be lucky and the electroconvulsive therapy has done the job. If so, Bill’s a lucky guy." he finished and then walked out.


    The boy spent an eternity bumping into soft nothing. His searching hands forever outstretched... in a white hell.

© 2017 R.Guy Behringer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well you have written my nightmare

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Added on November 1, 2016
Last Updated on June 30, 2017
Tags: Insanity

Author

R.Guy Behringer
R.Guy Behringer

Lincoln, CA



About
I'm a retired truck driver, married and a father of three grown sons, two pit bulls and one red heeler. I like to play guitar, build and rebuild rifles, hunt wild boar, Fishing, camping, gardening and.. more..

Writing