Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Dreams.

Dreams.

A Poem by Rebecca Hope Rouston
"

Those damn dreams..

"

I wonder if he even knows what he gave up

Does he even see how much he meant to me?

I wanted to build myself up, and I was trying

I could feel the ground with the tips of my toes

And I thought he was there to help me

I really thought he was my guardian angel

No one had ever been there for me like that

He sang the songs, he played the melodies

He knew I'd like to hear it from someone

I never knew anyone could be in love with me

Like I ever was with him, and I was f*****g right

Now I feel like she was in the picture all along

Like every time he looked at me, she lingered

Lingered in the back of his mind

Every time he kissed me, whispered to me,

The moment he fell in love with me

She was there

When he dreams of her, am I ever there?

© 2023 Rebecca Hope Rouston


Author's Note

Rebecca Hope Rouston
Format? I don't care. Flow? I don't fucking care.
Don't review unless you understand.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't understand from experience, but I've seen this situation plenty of times to make me pissed at the guys who do it. Damned exes. I don't see why they didn't learn if it didn't work out the first time it won't work out again. Ah well. Keep your chin up. You seem like a good kid, some guy will find you sometime. You'll be loved like that some day, just wait for it. It happens when you don't expect it at all. He'll see what he's missimng, what he gave up, and it will be his loss. Hopefully he learns from that mistake.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yeah, I can understand it well enough. I mean, I never understood how can people kiss their boyfriends / girlfriends / husbands / wives while they have someone else on their mind? I guess it's in their nature as in "Once a cheater, Always a cheater" Pretty much like they'll never grow up and learn, you know? Just one more thing; If that really happened to you, well my only advice is that you can do better than that...

On the other hand, it's pretty good, but there are much more to that. But, hey, that's just me...


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

why oh why does this remind me of past relationships. *tear*. But these things happen to help you grow. Guys will do this, and you will grow from the experience. Try not to linger on it, try to forgive, but not forget. Try do something positive (like writing) from a bad experience.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

definitely can see and feel the understanding that you and Annelise share with each other after reading her poems Pulse, Take A Deep Breath, The Water Tastes Nice, and When the Air Began to Bleed...

like i told Annelise, i'll tell you... these poems you young ladies are creating could be crafted into a really good novel! both of you girls are very talented at bringing your emotions clearly to the forefront and engaging your readers!

Well done!

Faerie Blessings!

--faerie whisper (breaking the silence...)

PS: all the pain we feel when our hearts are broken can either destroy us and silence our hearts and spirits or that pain can be the building blocks of wisdom that form a sound foundation for us to stand upon as we move forward into the unknown with open hearts...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Now I feel like she was in the picture all along

Like everytime he looked at me, she lingered

Lingered in the back of his mind

Everytime he kissed me, whispered to me,

The moment he fell in love with me

She was there

When he dreams of her, am I ever there?"

Again, you seem to rip apart my past. Thing is, boy's don't change. The same thing they do at 15, they do at 18, 19, 20. You write perfectly. You never once get too emotional or over the top. You just UNDERSTAND these emotions and you write them beautifully. From experiance, believe me when I say, one day he will know what he missed out on. He will realize what he's lost. I know from experiance. I hope you'll have more self preservation than I did, though.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Such a powerful, painful expression... For too many years I lived in a really dark world, primarily because of love or lack of it... Your words express so vividly the desperation of loss that scrapes the soul. So sorry for your pain... You deserve so much better...

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I don't understand from experience, but I've seen this situation plenty of times to make me pissed at the guys who do it. Damned exes. I don't see why they didn't learn if it didn't work out the first time it won't work out again. Ah well. Keep your chin up. You seem like a good kid, some guy will find you sometime. You'll be loved like that some day, just wait for it. It happens when you don't expect it at all. He'll see what he's missimng, what he gave up, and it will be his loss. Hopefully he learns from that mistake.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2008
Last Updated on December 9, 2023

Author

Rebecca Hope Rouston
Rebecca Hope Rouston

Neverland, MI



About
I'm Rebecca. My words are my story, your interpretation is yours. Sober since 2/4/2019 "Free yourself from yourself" - Tool more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..