A Memoir From The Age of 13

A Memoir From The Age of 13

A Story by scarlett rutherford
"

I found this in a book I wrote when I was younger.

"

It was a busy day, so I decided to stay with my aunt, Melanie. She was always my go-to place to visit because she was just fun. Not that my mother wasn’t fun, but she was pregnant and watching me and my ten-year-old brother was too much for her. My new little brother, whom she was pregnant with, was supposed to be due in August, so I had time to wait and figure out how I would be good big sister to him. My mom called Melanie, and then she had a confused look on her face when she hung up.

“Your mom is already on her way back from the hospital. She sounds much too happy to just have come out of there.” She laughed.

“I’m sure they said something good about the baby,” I said. “I’m really excited to hear what happened.”And about ten minutes after that, my mom showed up at Melanie’s house, her and my little brother smiling.

“We have a surprise for you!” My little brother, Zane, exclaimed.

“We sure do,” replied my mom.

“Well, what is it?” I asked. I was getting excited. Maybe it was food or maybe she bought me clothes. I never knew with my mom, though. I was getting restless to find out what it was.

“Well, Scarlett,” my mom finally said, “Baby Bronson was supposed to be born in August but I get to have him in about three to four days!”

I was so happy. Although that meant he was to be born two days after my birthday, I still couldn’t help being happy. The wait was over! I couldn’t wait for him to be born, and now I didn’t have to. Just four more days! This was the best birthday present ever, in my opinion.

The days passed. It was the big day, Bronson was going to be born today. I stayed at Aunt Melanie’s house again, because I couldn’t go in the hospital. It took a few hours, but he finally made it. After he was born, I went straight to the hospital to go see him and my mom.

I showed up at the big, nice looking hospital and went straight to my mom’s room. My step dad, Bronson’s dad, was in there with Mom. I saw the baby boy in his little glass bassinet and he was sleeping. He was the cutest thing I have ever seen, and definitely the most amazing.

“He’s so cute!” I said to my step dad. My mom was asleep from the pain medicine.

“I know he is. I’m so proud I was the first person to see him, and I’m even more proud to be his father.” my step dad said.

“When can he come home?” I asked.

“Probably in a few days. It shouldn’t be long.” he said. I didn’t want to wait, but sadly, I had to.

The days passed of being in and out of the hospital, but finally, Bronson and my mom came home. He was the cutest baby I’ve probably ever seen, even though he was wrinkly and covered in jet black hair. He looked exactly like my brother did when he was a baby, just skinnier.

This event changed my life. It meant so much to me to have a new, beautiful life in my family. Watching this life grow is amazing. Without this little baby, my family wouldn’t be as happy as we are today. He brings so much joy into our lives and I look forward to watching him grow up.

© 2017 scarlett rutherford


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on April 12, 2017
Last Updated on April 12, 2017
Tags: baby, sibling, memoir, short, new

Author

scarlett rutherford
scarlett rutherford

Mobile, AL



About
I like writing and nature. more..

Writing