Dear Rachel

Dear Rachel

A Poem by reilly ann conway
"

This is a tribute to a friend who committed suicide in college. She also had BPD, as I do.

"
I know you held a secret, barbed like a baby in your womb
that couldn’t and wouldn’t be born but wound itself like ivy around the core of you.
I saw my own anguish sparkling mad in your eyes:
mirrors that binged on beauty and bullshit but shattered
before time could blur the pain or dust mar the surface.
I heard that razor’s edge beneath your laughing voice,
cringed when your hands quaked like overburdened boughs.
I knew you didn’t get it but neither did I even though I had it, too.
I could have should have told you dawn and dusk would grace your life someday.
We would have learned to relish all the sordid details between yes and no.
I thought you were like a matchstick when we met, body slender and fragile that somehow endured, hair every shade of fire.
I knew the claim was strike anywhere but I never imagined you a target.
I forgot you were a match.
I should have would have begged you not to go,
but I never thought you’d leave like this.

© 2010 reilly ann conway


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So sad but good. I'm sorry she died.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very intense and filled with expertly portrayed emotion. I've been on the verge of suicide many times but I always find something that pulls me back. I was lucky. Your friend was not. 'Tis a tragedy indeed. I can't even imagine what you went through when you heard about this. BDP is a serious problem in today's world; half the people who have it aren't even aware of it. I hope you're taking the appropriate steps to keep it in check. Nice piece of work you have here. I wish you the best of luck.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 10, 2010
Last Updated on November 10, 2010

Author

reilly ann conway
reilly ann conway

Sterling, AK



About
BA in English from Colorado State University 2005 Currently in between jobs and lives, living in rural Alaska with my beautiful babygirl, Zoe Elizabeth more..

Writing