Entry #1 "The preperation"

Entry #1 "The preperation"

A Chapter by Brandon H Morningstar

   The following is an entry from the journal of Kib Gusgashmafol, Expedition leader. The brackets "{" and "}" indicate editing done to the entries to help Human readers understand it.

   "Limestone {September} 15th, 126, Early Autumn
This is it! I don't know how, but we managed to convince the C**K {Council of Colonial Keepers} to allow the seven of us to set out on a journey to expand the Dwarven Empire! I'm a Miner by trade, but I'm sure I can manage to organize the building of an outpost. How hard can it be, right? {Dwarven Stupidity} We leave tomorrow morning, and we're all set. Man do I love the C**K!

   I've elected (By myself) to name the settlement "WanderBoulders". I mean, boulders don't wander much, being boulders, and all ... But nonetheless, I'm very happy with our Fortresses new name!

   I'm bringing along with me Stodir Muzishfikod, who is a good friend of mine from back in Miner school. He's good with a pick, and I wouldn't be wanna stuck in those tunnels with anyone else. I'm bringing along Mestthos Enshalineth, the carpenter, and Endok Ubilkubuk, the wood cutter. I don't trust those wood touchers, but an the starting of a settlement requires them ... Until they can be replaced by metalworkers, anyway. Olon Astelkadol will be my stoneworker, a fine Dwarf, who I did 'Intro to rocks 10' with, in High school. Atir Nerdeduk will be our hunter and butcher. I don't know the guy very well, be the C***s recommended him, so I agreed to bring him. Finally, Melbil Atulfikod will be our farmer, as well as our Kitchen worker and brewer. He said he's never done much farming before, but he once constructed a still in his room because he parents grounded him using the legs from his bed and some of his beard hair, so I decided the good outweighed the bad.

   Ok, it's getting late. I must rest now to prepare myself for the long journey ahead of us."


© 2013 Brandon H Morningstar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on October 26, 2013
Last Updated on October 26, 2013