Young

Young

A Story by Rebecca Garber
"

This is the beginning of my life.

"
So before I was born my parents had met in high school at a party. My mother's brother introduced my father to her. Well that night they hit it off. They dated for awhile and then my parents broke up. A couple weeks later my mother went back to my father saying that she was pregnant. She was 17 and my father was 18. He was finishing up high school and they ended up back together. My father had a job of cleaning up ponds by bulldozing.  On December 10 1997 they had my oldest brother. They moved in together in a house my father had build on my uncles land. My father started up his own business. he became a truck driver and was almost a millionaire until he had to quite for other reason. my parents now wanted a girl. Up until a week before i was born they found out that i was a twin. On December 13 1999 i was born, along with my twin brother. He was born dead due to drowning in my mothers womb. They were able to resuscitate him.  They said that he was going to have complications because of it. Yet he never did. My mother decided she was going to sleep around with everyone in our town while my father was never home because he was on the semi. So at age five I had to start keeping the boys in check and taking care of the house. Everyone tells me how i act way more mature for my age it is because i had to grow up faster than i should have. Still today i am trying to help anyone out i don't care if they are not related or my kid. I try to help them out. 

© 2016 Rebecca Garber


Author's Note

Rebecca Garber
My father had went to jail when i was seven because he had beaten us and it hurt to walk and we could not sit.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it when writers on here share personal stories ... makes them seem more realistic -- not just a wordsmith. It's good that you dedicate yourself to helping others ... we need more people like that.

- William Liston

PS: In the sentence "he became a truck driver . . ." the word "he" needs to be capitalized. Also, in that same sentence, the word "quite" needs to be "quit."

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rebecca Garber

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much
William Liston

7 Years Ago

You're welcome.



Reviews

Writing from the heart and to tell people personal things takes strength and courage. Well done you.


Just one thing

millionaire until he had to quite for other reason.......quite should be quit.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is a very deeply personal story and it takes huge courage to share such things to the public... But spoke about you past life so very well here... Remember all we deal with our life can be helpful to someone when they fave some trouble in their life... I am very glad that you are reaching out to those who are in need of a light of hope...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


I like it when writers on here share personal stories ... makes them seem more realistic -- not just a wordsmith. It's good that you dedicate yourself to helping others ... we need more people like that.

- William Liston

PS: In the sentence "he became a truck driver . . ." the word "he" needs to be capitalized. Also, in that same sentence, the word "quite" needs to be "quit."

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rebecca Garber

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much
William Liston

7 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2016
Last Updated on October 11, 2016

Author

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber

sarcoxie, MO



About
I am sixteen, and have been through a lot. I just got out of heartland because i was self harming and trying to kill myself. Because i had some things happen. So i express what is going on in my head .. more..

Writing
Week Week

A Story by Rebecca Garber



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


One Love One Love

A Story by Tina H.W.


Two Minutes Two Minutes

A Story by Tina H.W.


Cold Heart Cold Heart

A Poem by Hannah