My Moody Hues

My Moody Hues

A Poem by rhythm&blues

Some days my mood depends on me
sometimes you regulate it too,
 music in my head changes routinely
contingent on what is said.
Yes, I know it's a major flaw, 
but don't we have them all? 

© 2013 rhythm&blues


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When you talk about moody, the first person who comes to mind is me. It is a sad state of affairs and even though with each mood change, I know exactly what is happening, there doesn't seem to be anything at all that I can do about it. believe me, I try, but my attempts are like trying to get a rock to float.

This was nice R&B. You do have a way of packing a lot into a small amount of words.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

I think we all have it in us to be moody, the trick is being cognizant of why or so I've found. Than.. read more
Jack...

10 Years Ago

Oh. believe me, I am cognizant of why, I just can't seem do to anything about it. Smiling this morn.. read more



Reviews

A work colleague once said to me that she didn't like people who weren't (in her words) "always the one way.." - always happy or always quiet or always sad. I regret not telling her 'away with you - you would shackle our minds!"
Honest poem R&B and thought-prodding

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

That seems absurd to me, who is 'one way' in this world? Now you've made me think ANTO, thank you f.. read more
Yes, I do think we all have our flaws, and that is part of what makes us different, yet united in our humanity. I would tend to say that our mood depends largely on us. Even if other people help to regulate it as you say. In the end, we choose what we do with our situations.

I like the part on this one where you mention that music that changes regularly. That sums up what riding that roller coaster of interacting is like. A very nice detail there.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

I'm sure you're correct, but at times we need to adjust and regroup since we don't see how we affect.. read more
It is a funny thing that I decided to read this piece after I had just written a journal entry regarding this exact subject...
Moods.
If you do not learn to separate yours from others around you it could cause a lot of trouble, for you, in the future. I have been sensitive to others emotions for as long as I can remember, which is a very long time... I think to be sympathetic to another is one thing, yet if you are anything like me, it becomes so intense that separating yourself from another's emotion becomes an exhausting task. You must concentrate on what YOU feel, and let them feel... Never let another person or situation dictate how you feel for it makes you more vulnerable dear one. I had to learn that the very hard way and still have to really focus on drawing that line.
Much love to you, sending you my light to help you see, to lift your spirits in a positive way, away from any negativity that may try to breech your precious Soul today.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

I think this may be the kindest review I've ever received, thank you so much for your thoughts here .. read more
Priscilla Sayers

10 Years Ago

I am pleased you feel that way sweetie. It shows me as well, that there is still good in humanity, t.. read more


some days i like myself more or less than other days. :)

hope you are doing well.
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

Yes, I understand that on the deepest level. :) Thank you E.
Einstein Noodle

10 Years Ago

love and peace to beautiful you. :)
Yes, I agree. I have these moody hues, too. Love this simple piece that is really not so simple at all. I am working on being more aware, too. Angi~

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

See, my mood can easily change, just reading all these lovely reviews, thank you Angi.
Well done simple piece that expresses so much truth. No matter how much we may want to say that we are in complete control of our emotions, so many outside factors play a role.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

Thank you Rita, glad you can relate to my moods too.
I've been accused of being to moody and music can alter my moods so I can relate to this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

I think we all are to some extent, I need to try to be more aware of when it's happening, thank you .. read more
a telling and stark piece that reads well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

Thanks Thomas, glad you enjoyed my moods.

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

996 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2013
Last Updated on July 18, 2013

Author

rhythm&blues
rhythm&blues

About
I really don't know what to say on these 'about me' pages. I'm newly divorced, have recently found poetry and loving every minute of it. I'm a bit on the shy side until you get to know me. My best .. more..

Writing
I Want I Want

A Poem by rhythm&blues



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blinky light Blinky light

A Poem by Angi