Trippin’ Down the Cobblestones

Trippin’ Down the Cobblestones

A Story by roarke
"

Taking a mental sabbatical.

"

Traveling the dimension between consciousness and unconsciousness, two-dimension and 3-dimension, the crack between solar light and mental light. Both dimensions struggling for dominance. Balance depends upon neither state achieving dominance…talk about a precarious situation, tentative, fragile- psychological chaos. 


Hey! Where are you right now? Eyes, give me some eye contact. Not much better, but I’ll take it. No, Alice and her Meth rabbit aren’t here right now. FOCUS!… aw, skip it. 


What a day for a daydream…dadada-dedede, you know the rest of the song. Trippin’ down the cobblestones, feeling groovy… da da da da… no, those are the actual lyrics. Daydream trips…mental health sabbaticals. Is it gonna be paid leave? don’t ask too many questions. Only raise your hand if you have to go to the bathroom. 


Mankind is gonna be replaced by the ghost in the machine, formerly known as AI…. Its all water/bridge now…what? Oh, that’s shorthand/short speak for the adage, “Water under the bridge”… basically means “skip it.” 


Actually I’m glad I slipped in here, this little dimensional crevice. Kind of like a Dairy Queen, or Dog-n-suds…what? Just names of bygone fast food franchises. I guess you still get to reminisce in this extra dimensional world…place…time..whatever. 


I guess there’s nothing much to see, unless I imagine it. I’ll unpack later. 


Hey, this place isn’t too bad, hiding out from “Upside down clown-world s**t-show”…. Its quiet, subdued, like a sunken living room lit by the glow from lava lights… don’t ask, you’ll ruin the ambience. 


Hmm, took me most of my life to really understand, “less is more”… who knew? I musta been mentally challenged. Still am. Live and let live. 


Well this has gone on long enough…hey, wait a minute… how the hell do I get out of here? 

© 2023 roarke


Author's Note

roarke
Just a sketch from my writing journal. I’ve taken up photography, so my writing has been mostly scribbles here and there. Eventually, somehow…I’ll meld photography and writing. But for the moment, critiques and comments especially welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can see this trip influenced by photography, I had taken up that venue for awhile before I was able to get back to my pottery work and am somewhat more comfortable in the visual arts than with my scribbles. This was a fun jaunt thanks for taking us along.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think with everything, "less is more"---
in writing, in accumulation of "Things"---the less we have the less we have to worry about protecting.

"Trippin' down the cobblestones, lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy"
Too bad we lost that word..."groovy.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can see this trip influenced by photography, I had taken up that venue for awhile before I was able to get back to my pottery work and am somewhat more comfortable in the visual arts than with my scribbles. This was a fun jaunt thanks for taking us along.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 28, 2023
Last Updated on May 28, 2023
Tags: Short story, fiction, humor, extra dimensions, satire, stream of consciousness, stream of unconsciousness, william calkins

Author

roarke
roarke

MT



About
Bio I've been a professional teacher, artist and musician for over thirty years and I currently pursue an off-the-grid homesteading lifestyle. I'm continuing life's journey, accepting and creating n.. more..

Writing
Fortune Cookie Fortune Cookie

A Story by roarke