MURDERERS

MURDERERS

A Story by Marie
"

A very short horror story. . .

"

   

 Ripley looked at his large, powerful hands, almost in bewilderment. “Did I do that?” he asked. “Did I strangle her?”

 

Becker laughed.  “Of course you did. That’s how it works, remember? I pick them and you kill them.”

 

“Oh…” Ripley bent over the girl, grieved by the sight of her blonde curls soaking in a rank puddle  Such beauty to be blotted out. Once she had walked, danced, run. Now she was only a corpse in a dark alley.

 

“Come on,” Becker urged. “Let’s get out of here before anybody comes.”

 

 Back in the shabby room they shared Ripley was sunk in depression while Becker was filled with elation. “Our tenth! Let’s have a drink to celebrate.”

 

“I don’t feel like it,” Ripley muttered.

 

“Oh get over yourself.” Becker sounded annoyed. “This is a sweet deal for both of us. I have the fun of picking them out and you have the fun of killing them.”

 

“It’s not fun…” Ripley whispered. And then, more firmly, “It’s not fun. It’s not fun!”

 

Becker was startled into silence. Ripley continued, his voice growing louder. “I hate killing! I’ve always hated killing. And you made me do it. But not again. Not ever again!” His hands closed around Becker’s throat.

 

It should be physiologically impossible for a man to strangle himself to death. But Ripley did it.

© 2015 Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, my God, Marie, I wasn't ready to have my bones chilled to sub zero so early in the morning. I can't help but think that your neighbors have no idea what lurks in that brain beneath those sweet curls of yours! Another masterful shocker of a tale, executed with the precision of a neurosurgeon. I may not be able to sleep tonight!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Marie

8 Years Ago

Thank you...I think. I probably should not have written this. It's not what I'm about at all...
Taylor

8 Years Ago

I absolutely think you SHOULD have written this. And of course it's not what you're about. It's ju.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
they all die in the end right?? after killing Becker he kills himself by strangling himself, i don't know if its possible, he must really gone crazy... or someone push him or i mean kill him in the process- an unknown entity that helps me strangled himself... shocking end, Marie... a short story well told.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Marie

8 Years Ago

Actually, the point I was trying to make is that Becker and Ripley are the same man, a split persona.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

584 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 5, 2015
Last Updated on June 5, 2015
Tags: hands, curls, neck

Author

Marie
Marie

San Antonio, TX



About
I have been writing for almost 60 years. Writers' Cafe is the best writing site I've found. If you send me read requests, expect me to be blunt. I don't like poor grammar, misspelled words or mistake.. more..

Writing
THE HANGING THE HANGING

A Story by Marie


TO G.H. TO G.H.

A Poem by Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Beloved Beloved

A Chapter by Renée