October 31st, the day the dead walked pt.1

October 31st, the day the dead walked pt.1

A Chapter by Robert Mason
"

The first chapter. The beginning and all that.

"

The sun lazily crept inside the bedroom, a small cone of light shining into Jack's eyes. He opened them and brushed the dark locks from his face. Lazily sitting up he scratched his bare chest, still hurting from the pathetic attempt at running a mile in under eleven minutes the day before. He yawned and swung his feet over to the soft blue carpet. It wasn't like he was out of shape, as he was at a healthy weight of one seventy, not to mention he was barely five eleven. He stood up and walked into the kitchen, glad he was wearing boxers as he noticed his front window's blinds were open. He checked his watch, not even twelve. He grabbed a mug of cold coffee from the other night and nuked it, dumping a couple of packets of sugar and taking a sip. He looked toward the front door, hearing a knock. No, it was more of a frantic banging. He set his coffee down and pulled on the pair of jeans that were laying across the couch.

 

"Hold the s**t on!" he shouted, stumbling, still shirtless to the door and opening it. A light-skinned man stood in his doorway, wearing a torn suit that was stained with blood. His blonde hair was matted to his forehead by a serious looking gouge. The wounded man's head twitched upward to show bloodshot eyes. He charged forward suddenly and grabbed Jack by the shoulders, screaming into his face and showing off worn and broken teeth. Jack reared backward and grabbed the man's arms, Kneeing him in the groin and throwing him to the ground.

 

"D****t Dean! Halloween isn't until tonight!" Jack said later, handing Dean a cold beer, which the blonde haired best friend stuck down his pants.

 

"Well, sorry for being festive! Jesus, Jack! The war's over, get that PTSD checked." Dean said with a pained laugh.

 

Jack rolled his eyes and leaned back against the kitchen counter. "Lucky I didn't have my gun." He checked his watch again.

 

"We're still going to that party right Jack?" Dean asked, taking a sip of his beer.

 

Jack looked up from his watch. "Heh. Wouldn't miss it for the world." He said as he grabbed a T-shirt.



© 2013 Robert Mason


Author's Note

Robert Mason
It may be a bit lackluster, but this is my first time writing since freshman year of highschool.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on September 9, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2013
Tags: Dead Sight Horror


Author

Robert Mason
Robert Mason

San Angelo, CA



Writing