The Attractive Woman

The Attractive Woman

A Story by Davi Rodrigues
"

What situation do you think this is?

"

“Well, my darling, it’s all a matter of opinion. I think you are not supposed to be here, and you don’t agree with me. But one of our opinions must prevail. And mine always does. Always.”

I stopped listening and started to run from the attractive woman who was about to give me a glass of wine in my bedroom. Nothing about her seemed frightening, but I was so afraid my heart almost popped right then, like a bubble. She didn’t run after me. Instead, she walked slowly and with the patience we only see in people who know they have nothing to worry about, because they will get what they want.

Her presence suddenly filled me with a newfound perception of everything around me. As I rushed through the hall, I could notice the pictures hanging on the walls. My parents were there. My husband. My children. They were all there, eyes staring at me, smiling. I didn’t know if I liked them smiling at that moment. Now I think it’s nice that they seemed happy when I saw them.

“I’m coming…” the woman said, behind me, still walking, slowly and inevitably. She wasn’t actually saying it. She sang it, as a siren would. She sang it repeatedly, and her song turned into a terrifying warning. “I’m coming… And you know it.”

Careful as if my life depended on care only, I walked down the stairs. I crossed the living room and the front hall, and tried to open the door. Maybe out there I would be safe from her. Maybe she didn’t want to do it in public. But the door was closed, and locked, and I had no time to look for my keys. I ran to the kitchen instead.

I loved my kitchen. Sweet little comfy place, where I could make treats for people. It seemed so dangerous, now, with all those knives and pans. I could have used one of those things against her, maybe. I should have tried, at least. But I think it wouldn’t have worked, and I thought so at the time as well. And then I slipped on something on the floor, hitting the sink with my head, and falling down. The woman got to me.

“There, there. There was no point in running, after all.”

She leaned herself towards me, let her body fall on mine, crawled so that her face was close to mine. I fell a faint as she hugged me, and she whispered at my ear. “I mean you no harm.”

She kissed me. Everything turned black.

© 2012 Davi Rodrigues


Author's Note

Davi Rodrigues
Yes, it's supposed to be that short ^-^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good write .

Posted 12 Years Ago


Death, as mysterious and alluring as it should be.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2012
Last Updated on April 25, 2012
Tags: Short Story, Analogy, Dark

Author

Davi Rodrigues
Davi Rodrigues

Brasilia, DF, Brazil



About
I like writing in English, don't know why. Sometimes I think I write better in English than in my own language. Portuguese is not so much my thing. more..

Writing
Apart Apart

A Poem by Davi Rodrigues