Life, love, people and death

Life, love, people and death

A Story by Lina
"

The journey of a cub

"

The forest is full of tall trees that are enhanced through the echo made by the crispy ground that one little bear cub is wandering through. Whilst sniffing around for his daily hunt, the cub is surrounded by the musky smells and the scents of pine that surround the forest. As he looks up to wonder where mama bear and papa bear are, he find the shiny stars and the twinkle of the moon looking back at him, engulfing him with reassurance. He swats away the insects that try to find comfort in the warmth of his breath and continues with his journey. He finds a long waterfall and is confused! The twinkle of the stars seem to be on the surface of this waterfall, but he is looking down! He finds that it is merely a reflection of the stars that he was using for guidance. The water seems transparent, and clean enough to drink from! So one sip, two sips and then he notices the rocks that are at the bottom of the water and that surround the waterfall... As his eyes move to the ground, he finds that he is the color of the ground; so much so that he can blend in with it perfectly! He finds shelter in a hole that he digs that is like an underground cave.


He wakes up in the morning to find a large wall in the middle of the forest, made of stones! This wall is six trees wide and almost as tall as the trees, but not quite... He finds it interesting and sneaks slyly towards it to explore it whilst keeping an eye on a bird that is sitting on the very top of the wall. He finds that it has many shades of grey! After walking around it a few times, he decides that he wants to lean on it! So he does, and finds it stable. Leaning on the tall grey wall, he ponders his existence whilst mama bear and papa bear are looking down at him from the stars.

© 2011 Lina


Author's Note

Lina
Grammer might be a bit off! Let me know what you think... This is based off a test that an old man in cyprus gave me... consistent of four questions about a forest that symbolises life, water that symbolises love, a cub that is a symbol of people, and a wall that defies and is defined as death!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ian
That was great! A little hard to follow, but great!
Good job>

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 17, 2011
Last Updated on September 17, 2011

Author

Lina
Lina

Amman, -, Jordan



Writing
An ode to loss An ode to loss

A Poem by Lina


Tolerance Tolerance

A Story by Lina