Excerpt

Excerpt

A Chapter by Ronald Cooper
"

This book is an incredible divinely inspired anointed resource. A simple one-of-a-kind remarkable resource which produces a real heartfelt higher level of genuine hope, inspiration, and motivation.

"

 

How to Win in Life in a Greater Way

 

By Ronald Cooper

 

Excerpt

 

Think on Positive Things

 

Men harm others by their deeds, them- selves by their thoughts.

--Augustus

 

A Positive Mind

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever

things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever

things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever

things are of a good report; if there be any virtue, and if

there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8).

 

The second of three principles that produce a healthy mentality is the principle of thinking with a positive mind. It is a natural outgrowth of the believer's relationship with God...

 

Why It's Important To Have a Positive Mind

 

It is important to think with a positive mind in order to produce positive results in every area of one's life. Wouldn't you imagine that every believer would be interested in producing positive results in his or her life--spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, and relationally?

The believer who deeply desires to have a positive mind must humble himself or herself to the status of a beginner and proceed from there. In time, the believer will definitely experience more positive results in each area of his or her life.

To choose to think with a more positive mind is an exciting adventure that produces more and more positive results as time goes on. The rewards will be worth every patient effort invested in the process. If you accept the challenge to become a more positive thinker, you will soon begin to produce more winning results in your life.

Let's look at two people who knew positive and negative thinking, but who ultimately choose to live positively:

 

Success Profile----The Apostle Peter

 

If Moses was the man who was afraid to speak, the Apostle Peter was undoubtedly the man who was not afraid to speak.

In fact he got himself into trouble on many occasions because of his impetuous outbursts. One stormy night Jesus walked on the water to the boat where the disciples cowered in fear:

 

And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they

were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for

fear. But straightway Jesus spake unto them saying, Be

of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered

him and said, Lord if it be thou, bid me come unto thee

on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was

come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go

to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was

afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save

me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and

caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, where-

fore didst thou doubt? (Matthew 14:26-31).

 

One minute he was walking on water with Jesus; the next minute he was falling in the waves, rebuked for his little faith...

 

Can you identify with Peter? One minute you're up; the next minute you're down... Could God really use someone like Peter? On the day of Pentecost, one of the greatest presentations of the Gospel was delivered by none other than Peter. Yes, God used Peter mightily. And He can use you too!

 

 

Success Profile---Immaculee Ilibagiza

 

Immaculee Ilibagiza was born in Rwanda and studied electronic and mechanical engineering at the National University. Her life was dramatically turned upside down during the 1994 Rwandan holocaust when she and seven other women spent 91 days huddled together in a 3ft. by 4ft. bathroom of a local pastor's house. Immaculee entered the bathroom a vibrant, 115-pound university student with a loving family and emerged weighing just 65 pounds to find that most of her family had been brutally murdered.

The anger and torment brought about by her situation would have consumed her had she not turned to prayer. She prayed from morning 'til night. Through prayer she was able to forgive those who had killed her family. She later came face to face with the killer of her mother and brother and said the unthinkable, "I forgive you".

In 1998, Immaculee immigrated to the United States where she continued to work for the UN. Her book, Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocust was released in 2006. It quickly became A New York Times Best Seller...

 

Putting It Into Practice

 

Here are ideas... to help you produce more positive results in your life:

 

1. Thinking with a positive mind does not ignore or deny the negative things that beset us. However, it helps us focus on the positive side of things... Don't dwell on the negative. According to the song Ac-cent-tchu-ate the Positive sung by Aretha Franklin, you need to keep it upbeat.

2. Make a list of all the positive qualities, gifts, and skills that God has given you... Look at the list anytime you are feeling down.

 

Ronald A. Cooper is an extraordinary gifted, ordained minister, speaker, and author. His stellar combination of faith, professionalism, genuine interest in helping people, and unique life experiences have equipped him to make life-changing contributions to numerous individuals and churches for thirty-nine years. He graduated from University of Arkansas (formerly AM&N College), Pine Bluff, and Payne Theological Seminary, Wilberforce, Ohio.

Learn more at www.ronaldacooper.com

 



© 2013 Ronald Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on March 6, 2013
Last Updated on March 6, 2013
Tags: self-help, christian books, christian living, inspirational, motivational, life improvement, personal growth


Author

Ronald Cooper
Ronald Cooper

About
Ronald A. Cooper is an extraordinary gifted, ordained minister, speaker, and author. His stellar combination of faith, professionalism, genuine interest in helping people, and unique life experiences .. more..

Writing