Stripped Naked from my Armor

Stripped Naked from my Armor

A Poem by ron

Stripped Naked from my Armor

 

 

My armor kept me safe, hidden from the the world.

Hidden from the meaningless words thrown at me like poisonous arrows they did fly.

 

I was beaten and ridiculed for who I was,

but my armor kept me safe through the storms that would ensue.

 

Now you have stripped me from my armor with your kindness and sweet words.

You have held me in the bosom of your caring embrace.

 

I stand naked as your words protect me from myself.

My heart now belongs to you, all of who I was you have cleansed, and made whole again.

 

The warmth of your words stokes the fires of who I am.

Desires and passions I never knew, have begun to grow.

 

I am reborn into who I have always been.

But my armor kept me hidden from myself.

 

You have stripped me naked and given me strength.

A strength that makes me cry, for you have shown me so much love.

 

I no longer need the armor I was afraid to shed,

I stand before you naked as myself.

© 2014 ron


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so filled with the beauty of finding someone who loves you no matter what and knowing it's ok to be that way, not being judged, oh i'm horrible about such things but i'm learning, but it's always nice to be on a long road with someone who likes you as well as loves you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Texas. Yes it is, it is indeed wonderful.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
The big plash is a wondrous cleanse, isn't it, dear poet? I love that you're fresh and new :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Lynn. I have been on for almost a year now. :)
It is great when you find someone who accepts you for you and doesn't need or want you to change.
Sometimes we need that person. Whether he/she be a friend, lover, girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Sye. So very very true. I would love to read a poem about your armor.
This scares me a bit...because I haven't met the one who can do this yet. This reminds me of Romans 13:12. I especially like these parts: "I am reborn into who I have always been," and "A strength that makes me cry, for you have shown me so much love." This is amazing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

I know how being hurt...hurts and it can make someone not not to open up. But if you want someone to.. read more
Chidoriflower

10 Years Ago

Thank you, ron.
ron

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome Chidoriflower. If you want you can message me.
This is really nice Red.It must be great when you find someone who accepts you for who you are:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Vidya. Yes it is, I can open up in ways I never knew I could before.
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Well good for you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2014
Last Updated on March 13, 2014

Author

ron
ron

Imperial, CA



About
I have been writing on and off or more years than i care to remember. I started writing poetry, than i started a novel (still in the works), now I'm writing a six part short story erotic.. more..

Writing
Fangs. Fangs.

A Poem by ron



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Single file Single file

A Poem by willweb