PART 2 FAVOR WITH GOD AND MAN

PART 2 FAVOR WITH GOD AND MAN

A Chapter by rondo
"

I Already Believe in Jesus So, Where Is the Holy Spirit?

"

PART 2 FAVOR WITH GOD AND MAN

CHAPTER 2                                                                    

I ALREADY BELIEVE IN JESUS, SO WHERE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?

Some might be asking, “Where is the Holy Spirit?” I go to church on a regular basis, and I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Yet, He is nowhere to be found. This is a great question. I was brought up Catholic and professed belief in the trinity; but I can honestly say that I never sensed the presence of the Holy Spirit operating in my life. I wonder why? Are you wondering why?

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. (John 3:1-2)

And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee. (Matthew 21:11)

Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God. (Matthew 14:33)

When Nicodemus, a Jew, as well as being a member of the religious hierarchy, met Jesus at night he correctly addressed Him as being a teacher come from God. Additionally, the multitude referred to Him as the prophet of Nazareth, and His disciples called him the Son of God.

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. (John 5:18)

Clearly, Jesus was known, and rightfully so, as a teacher, a prophet, and the Son of God. If we were to believe in Him according to these pronouncements, shouldn’t we receive the Holy Spirit? In the book of John, Jesus said that God was His Father, thus making himself equal with God. His listeners assumed He meant that there were two Gods, Himself and God the Father, thereby indicating polytheism (many gods). 

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. (Ephesians 2:13-18)

I believe that this is the crux of the matter. In some churches, we have been asked to accept the idea that God is a triune being without an emphasis on the person and work of Jesus for salvation. In other churches, there is a belief in the trinity, however, Jesus is considered only as a prophet, teacher, or the Son of God, but not God incarnate. Furthermore, there are churches that believe in the trinity as being three separate Gods. And so, when belief is expressed in any of these proclamations, the Holy Spirit is not received.

In each of these cases, there is a lack of understanding about who Jesus is. So, who is Jesus? He is God incarnate, being one of the persons of the trinity, neither of whom is independent of the other. It is by means of repentance to God the Father and belief in who Christ is and the work He accomplished that will result in the receiving of the Holy Spirit. 

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (Acts 3:19)

By Jesus’ death on the cross he took care of the enmity, or sin, that existed between mankind and God the Father, thus making heaven accessible to anyone who repents and is converted (turns to God through belief in Christ).

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. (Ephesians 2:13) 

For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. (Ephesians 2:18)

Do you want the Holy Spirit to come into your life so that you can have access to and fellowship with God the Father? If so, it’s as simple as confessing this simple prayer:

I repent of adultery, fornication, lying, stealing, gossiping, homosexuality, …etc.) to you God the Father.

I believe in this Jesus who, as deity, left heaven; was born of a virgin taking upon Himself the form of a man; God come in the flesh; having walked on the earth without committing sin; died on a cross, paid the penalty, or debt, for the sins of the whole world, providing forgiveness; rose again after 3 days, never to die again; satisfied the justice of God, and ascended into heaven.

Congratulations! The Holy Spirit has now come into your life. Over time, He will provide you with His presence, answer your prayers in His time and manner, and as the ultimate teacher will unveil the Word of God to you in a personal way. He will also bestow upon you at least one spiritual gift (endowment) for the edification of the body of Christ. I hope that this helps to clear up any confusion in regard to why the Holy Spirit is not received when a person professes belief in Christ.

So, where do we go from here?

In the following chapter, what we will take a look at next is the figurative and literal interpretations of Scripture. When a verse says that we should do this or do that should we obey it literally (as it states) or is what is being said to be taken figuratively (a likeness; symbolic of something else)? Hopefully, this will help us to gain further insight as to whether the elements of communion are to be taken literally or figuratively.

         



© 2020 rondo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

9 Views
Added on November 12, 2020
Last Updated on November 12, 2020


Author

rondo
rondo

BLOCK ISLAND, RI



About
My name is James Rondinone. I am a husband, father, and spiritual leader. I grew up in Massachusetts and began my own spiritual journey early on in life. I attended bible college having completed a.. more..

Writing
PART 4 PRAYER PART 4 PRAYER

A Chapter by rondo