Kantte ani Fullam THORNS AND FLOWERS a Rock band from GOA

Kantte ani Fullam THORNS AND FLOWERS a Rock band from GOA

A Story by poetry-kiddo alienbaba
"

Kantte ani Fullam (Thorns and Flowers) Konkani Rock Band from Goa. Exclusive Premier at Bad Blood and Friend's ROCK IN GOA Concert at Gavins Verna 23 March 2013 at 4 pm as part of a great BIKE fest.

"

Hello to all Rockers, meet our brand new Konkani Rock band.

We play experimental Rock-rap-roll-fusion-ballad.

 

 L-R: Shelton Afonso -Bass..Leader and Bassist-Vocalist of Popular Teen-age band Tomorrow People 1992-94 Taligao Goa... Director of Maestro Fernando Music Academy Caranzalem Goa and now one man Mega Band Shelton Goes Solo. Shelton has been the ambassador for Goan folk music and Dance all over the World. He has performed in The U.S.A, Spain, Germany, U.K, Seychelles, Mauritius, Dubai, Zimbabwe, Singapore, and many places in India and continues to brighten parties and get-together in his own inimitable style.

He holds a Grade 8 Certificate in Theory of Music from Trinity College of Music London and learns with Miss.Philomena D’Cruz F.T.C.L Piano from Moira village Mapusa. He is also studying Nylon Guitar  with Mr.Schubert Cotta, Classical Guitar Master from Donapaula Goa India.

Shelton has also completed his course in video editing and Production in Mumbai India. His dad was a musician too but most of his education came from his late grandfather the Violinist Mst.Fernando after whom the academy is named.

Shelton owns a beautiful Bajaj Chetak Scooter a gift from his Dad. Now drives mostly.

 

 Light-eyed Aaron Telles heart-throb drummer of St.Inez town and enthusiastic organizer of events play Drumkit with us and also with band Taligaoche Padde roams the countryside with his Enfield Bullet and sometimes the SCORPIO jeep. Aaron is a sales manager at Aldea de Goa hill station Bambolim.. .a part of the Dynamix Group.

A dynamic youth himself and energetic always this is his maiden concert. He is a drum student of Paul from Syndicate band.

 

 Tousif de Navelim, Director, lyricist writer, playwright of Khell-Tiatr and Producer of Music albums is our konkanni- Rapper now.  He is also into marketing of Prestige products. Tousif is a CHEF having studied at Fr.Agnel College Verna and takes great delight in setting up his annual restaurants at festival beach places like SUNBURN GOA e.t.c Tousif  is singing for a Rock concert for the first time. His inspiration is late Dr.Jack Sequeira freedom fighter Goa.

And he has named his latest music album to be released after him. Tousif is always at beck and call for anyone in distress. Tousif owns a LML FREEDOM Motorcycle . He drinks 8 Sodas per day.



Aloysius is the heir to the Assis Sound, stage and Lights Empire, Taligao/santa-cruz Goa and is the band manager and our Powerful Percussionist. He is the son of Assis the Proprietor of the brand name 'Taligaoche Padde' with whom he plays Ghumott. Aloysius is an expert at handling the Lighting Mixer Console and designed laser light programming and fog, bubble machines and other electronic gizmos. He too roams around happily in his Qualis and Scorpio jeeps. Aloysius is debuting percussions with us at this concert too. Aloysius is learning the drumkit too. He is the manager of our band. Aloysius collects motorcycles and mopeds too..he has an old Kinetic Honda and Activa Honda.



Alienbaba Roque Lazarus is a born slow-cyclist,  Director of "AXL SCHOOL OF MUSIC" www.axlschoolofmusic.blogspot.com Music Arranger, poet, Multi-instrumentalist, mystic, metaphysical and paranormal phenomenon researcher, Singer and Composer leads and musically directs the band. He started out professionally in 1989 with band TEENS Agacaim then Tomorow people and now with pop band Ventures. Acted in Movies and featured on International T.V Channels,  Alienbaba has been a regular feature at the Bad blood and rock in Goa shows with various setups of his own and the crowd always cheers his acts. The previous Alienbaba collaborations were: BAD-APPLE Rock band as Fretless Bassist. Alien Ufo as singer guitarist and vocals/rapper. Flying Saucer as Sitar, digi-guitar, Guitar, lead vox. Flying Saucer Gypsy King Tribute as a Gypsy singer guitarist. Solar Plexus ChAKRA as Country guitarist and vocalist. Alienbaba as solo for online album launch and finally as Guitarist lead vocalist of Fullam ani Kantte. Holding a masters degree in English Literature he is very active on internet writing forums also a beginner in Karate learning with Sensei Joseph Rodrigues. Learnt music with Masters such as Rui Lobo, Schubert Cotta, Ms.Philomena Dcruz and many others too at various institutions one being Kala Academy Goa and later taugt Guitar there for some years. Plays Double-Bass for the Goa Symphony Orchestra. Had an Enfield MO-FA, (remember the no-registration required 105 kilometers per litre lil champ?)

A Zundapp moped Enfield, A mini-Bullet Enfield 200 cc, Luna and Bajaj Chetak owned by his dad,  modified TVS 50 with a Suzuki tank fitted complimentary by Aswins father Xavier in his Garage along with cutting the chassis and making single-seater and removal of one pedal to simulate a motorcycle and less a moped. Now relaxing on Honda Activa.

 Daniel Mascarenhas lead guitarist and singer of Rock band CHAOS Caranzalem 1994-95 plays Bamboo- flute, lead guitar and vocals...is a professional sound and light technician on a cruise liner international and jams when he is down on vacation. He is a Karate shotokan Black Belt. 1st Dan. learnt with instructor Sensei Joseph Rodrigues Goa who now holds classes at Basilios Fitness Gym St.Inez and Pharmacy College Panji. Daniel is also student of Axl Student of music. Rides a Red Pulsar 220 super-bike..and a Honda Dio..sometimes drives his Zen car downtown. He has sailed the World and is now on holiday in Goa.

Daniels father is a specialist mechanic of BMW bikes in Caranzalem Goa. So lucky  Dan gets to test-ride em all. Dan used to be sound-technician and personal assistant to Remo Fernandes.



 Eularia Gomes Tabla is drummer of Tomorrow People 1992-94 Taligao and now is interested with Indian percussion and much more with philosophy. Played also with bands like L’ACE, MELODIANS.

He was one of the few drummers who could play Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, Guns n Roses, Jim Morrison, Chris Rea, Billy Joel, R.E.M, Richard Marx, Scorpions too the tee just to name a few bands.  Eularia is a Brown Belt 3 in Shotokan Karate STUDENT OF Sensei Joseph Rodrigues. Learnt TABLA with the late Pandit Maruti Kurdikar and drums with the likes of late Victor Shrevees the jazz exponent, Flamboyant Paul of Syndicate Band and the super-sonic Assumption Nunes of band India. Eular is leader of the Rhythm section of our band. Eularia got an old Bajaj scooter.



 Ashwin Viegas Vocals and additional percussion also sings with band Taligaoche Padde...plays keyboards too. He is a professional sound-technician for bands in Goa and has a small sound-system of his own too along with a metal fabrication workshop. He is a Keyboard student of Maestro Fernando Music Academy. He is a regular at the Campal Indoor Gym. Ashwin is a new discovery as far as voice sweetness is concerned and is practicing hard to build a singing repertoire.He is a professional Dj too.  Ashwin rides a Honda Twister  and drives a Swift Car too.

Zico Rythm Guitar vocals is a Bullet mechanic at Enfield showroom Panjim and rides downtown a classic LML Vespa. Zico is often associated with Elvis Presley in Goa as he likes to sing all his songs and is a rock and roll renegade. Zico is active in the youth moment in Goa and is well known in the circles that matter. He is a Guitar student of Axl School of Music Panaji. Zico won the best out of waste creative contest where he made a guitar sling-case out of old jeans trousers colored with patches depicting universal brotherhood, environmental preservation and peace and you can recognize him from his Boiler suit.



We might be joined on stage by popular Compere Emilio from Margao (guitarist in movie NACHOEA KUMPASAAR) on Guitars and the exceptionally talented Mukesh Ghatwal arranger music director and Keyboard/bassist of Remo Fernandes from St.Estevam on Keyboards.

 

 Totaling to a massive 9+2 * team we hope your stage is big enough for us.

 And we are sorry...we could not find a girl musician to perform with us this time...or maybe this is a Boys only band!:) Wish us luck...thank you.

 

We are playing our first Concert at Gavins Verna, for the Rock in Goa show organized by Bad Blood and friends. At 4 pm I.S.T 23rd March Saturday. The big act that night on the same stage is the premier Rock band of India, INDUS CREED (Former Rock Machine). Another 6 rock bands are performing too.

 

Our repertoire for the evening will be:

1.     Jet-Speed �" (William de Curtorim) Alienbaba

2.     Americak Pauxi �"(Chris Perry and Lorna) Alienbaba

3.     Kai borem band hem vazta- (Chris P. and Lorna) Shelton

4.     Sokkalim-Alienbaba (original from Digital online Album “LAZARUS DIMENSION”

5.     Kiss dhi go Anamarie dhi-Tousif de Navelim (Konkani parody of Kolaveri di)

6.     Noko noko �" Ashwin

7.     Sobith Maddanim-(MEN MACHINE Goan band) Alienbaba

8.     Encore?  Maybe. Well looks like a 35 minute show plus an additional 25 minutes for setup. Round about 1 hour.

We boldly venture where few do in music and entertainment and hope you appreciate the effort of everyone involved in this ROCK in Goa Concert plus Bike Fest. We appreciate that you take an active interest in our activities and are grateful for the same.

 

Warm regards,

Alienbaba.

 

 

© 2013 poetry-kiddo alienbaba


Author's Note

poetry-kiddo alienbaba
Kantte ani Fullam (Thorns and Flowers) Konkani Rock Band from Goa.
Exclusive Premier at Bad Blood and Friend's ROCK IN GOA Concert at Gavins Verna 23 March 2013 at 4 pm as part of a great BIKE fest.
pls visit
www.facebook.com/kantteanifullam
We humbly request your blessings, goodwishes and ideas for this maiden show.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like so much fun!!!! Good luck!!!(:

Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Lottsa fun Mags...lol yeh thanks you
❤ Maggie ❤

11 Years Ago

no problem!!!(:
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

ok
The Bikers and Rockers at
www.facebook.com/kantteanifullam

the concert at
www.facebook.com/rockingoa

Posted 11 Years Ago


good luck! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

We need it badly and THANK YOU:)kindly
Wishing you luck in your rock venture my friend!.......always live your dream, and have fun in life while your doing it! I love that the band members have other accomplishments and are sharing their musical skills as well. Keep up the artistic dream! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Your review Robbie made me update the write and boy i did update it.
Thanks for your encourage.. read more
We are playing songs in the local language Konkanni but with a Rock Tinge...
we are what you can call a new-age experimental konkani rock opera

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

824 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2013
Last Updated on March 16, 2013
Tags: KANTTE ANI FULLAM ROCK IN GOA RO

Author

poetry-kiddo alienbaba
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

Shambala, North



About
whatsapp +91-9970061060 a faster way to reachout... This one is Alienbaba Rockstarmono Poetry-kiddo This one belongs to you and you are free to belong to anyone you please. This one resides in the.. more..

Writing