Chapter 1- What is Art DRAFT

Chapter 1- What is Art DRAFT

A Chapter by Sachi Ruaya
"

Typographic manuscript.

"

Chapter 1 


what is art?

“Body language is the writing of the body. Music is the writing that decorates time. Facial Expression is the art of writing from the crust of a soul. Speech writes the base of language.”

This is a book. Consisted out of words, printed by ink or shunned by the light of our screens. You may be thinking, Duh, what else can it be? You tell me. A gathering of words set in chronological order to inform? A mere literary work? Something to use your time with? 

A friend of mine who wasn’t a fan of literary works asked me, “Why write? I see no point?” I stopped typing and unglued my eyes off of my report to look at hers. I said to her young ears, ‘Writing is an art!’ Her face morphed with disgust. “What? How? Where’s the proof?” I honestly was stunned at the question. I honestly did not know. What proof can I present to a six-year-old that writing is an art?             

After, I arrived home. A usual after-school routine drove me to auto-pilot. Thoughts rushed and floated throughout my crown. To my surprise, a raging question punched me right in my face! What is art? Even I think math is an art. The art of calculating (sounds cliche, right?). It’s “made up” by the human mind even when it exists in nature itself. Remember my poem, The Art of Writing? I said at the end it that the art of writing is woven in us. It’s our nature;

This thing called Writing. It's woven into our nature. As stated above, I consider aspects such as body language, facial expression, and music as "writing". 

 It's our own mind that limits us. Writing is not limited to words. After all, it is a way to express. Our ability to express is already woven in us from birth (for instance, when we cry, we express from the wails written in the air, by our voice)

And maybe I am mistaken...

When you kick when you were in your mother's womb, you may definitely express and inform something hehe...

 So really, it's my nature...our nature...to write.”

So, technically every movement of yours writes something, express something, inform something, right? Well, thank goodness that something is something we can control to a certain extent. Maybe that something we can 

So, back to the question; What is Art? Forget the whys, hows, when and where . In order to fully understand both the art of existence and the art we imprint we need to know what it is. For now, I will start with an art called writing.  As I write this, I am scanning online, digital and hardcopy dictionaries such as Oxford, Collins, Cambridge and Merriam Webster. Gathering definitions from a variety of sources a...



© 2017 Sachi Ruaya


Author's Note

Sachi Ruaya
Not finished. Just a sneak peek!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on December 30, 2017
Last Updated on December 30, 2017
Tags: art, what, is, typographic, manuscript


Author

Sachi Ruaya
Sachi Ruaya

Victoria, Australia



About
Sachi is an observant art lover who takes pride in her strong verbal and written communication skills as she regards her love for learning. She highly values collaboration and efforts to create innova.. more..

Writing