Self Reflection

Self Reflection

A Story by Ruby Moon

Self Reflection

 

A reflection can show nothing and everything to one. It can only show what one wants to see as one is blind to everything that one does not want to see or acknowledge. It can not force one to see but it may be able to help one look at one’s self. It changes as one changes and one can only avoid looking at one’s self for a limited period of time. You can hate or love your reflection and no one can stop you. This is because it is between you and your reflection which is also you.

 

                        Only when one accepts everything one see, weaknesses and strengths, then will one be at peace with one’s self as one do not war against one’s self. One can always change to another any time as the grass is always greener on the other side. If one compares then one is still not at peace with one’s self. It might always seem that the grass is greener but is it really? Only one can answer that truthfully to one’s self and no other.

 

                        If one has to answer to another, one will lie as it is in one’s nature to hide weaknesses from another. Isn’t that not why a reflection can help? A reflection is still one’s self that is why it helps but still many lie to one self. Why do one lie? It does nothing to help, only ignore it but one will always face the bare truth in the end. Why delay facing it? To wait till one is stronger? Does one really grow stronger as time pass? When so many grow weaker as it passes?

 

            What is in a mirror to hold such power? A mirror will let one hate one’s self or love one’s self. It also penetrates into the soul and asks so many questions. Questions that might always get an answer that is neither full nor satisfying to one. Questions that might haunt one a long time before even begin to be answered. A mirror to show a loved companion or a hated enemy that will and can never leave one’s side.

 

            I think the answer to that question lies in the one looking into the mirror as the “mirror” has nothing special. It all depends on the one looking at the mirror to come to any conclusion or ask any questions or get any answers. The mirror is nothing if there is no one in front of it. It is only an object, a tool to be used. But it still is a powerful tool no matter what.

© 2008 Ruby Moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Isn't it funny how the things we, as humans, create can cause such thoughts as these? I do believe though that reflections are pretty much a window to a person's mind. You can determine a lot about somebody by the way that person thinks about themself; either being completly vain or harsh to themself on how they look. Another great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very Well Thought out, I take pleasure in reading thought out "Blogs" such as this. I have quite a few of my own...Mostly ramblings but still Consequential to the theme.

Anyways, Kudos.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on April 23, 2008

Author

Ruby Moon
Ruby Moon

About
Interesting... I have nothing in particular I want to say. more..

Writing
1:42AM 1:42AM

A Poem by Ruby Moon


(A moment) (A moment)

A Poem by Ruby Moon