Time

Time

A Story by Ruby Moon

            You can travel forward and backwards in time. Choose your lifetimes in no particular order. Visit each age as and when you please. However you can only live thru every single second once and only once. This includes when you visit a particular time in a memory, as a memory, it doesn’t matter how many times you go there because you are not in a real sense “living” at that time.

 

Meaning that you can visit and watch something you already go thru but you can’t and are not allowed to affect the outcome. To be allowed to watch but not to participate or interfere in anyway. This would allow prophecies to be written or given as that person already lived thru it and is accounting for it or the account was given by someone else who has lived thru it.

 

If this theory is true it would also mean that time is not as simple or complicated as we make it to be. Either time just exist, meaning that it does not play any role but is just there, and we “move” in/on it or it “moves” but randomly with us moving linearly or randomly with it. This would very clearly discount the “fact” which is more truly called a theory that time moves linearly with us stationary or moving along with it linearly as well. On the other hand maybe all the theories are true, depending on when it is.

 

© 2008 Ruby Moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jwh
Very thought provoking again, I really like how you think and there are some good points here, but here is my input on the subject: in my opinion, there is no such thing as "time". That is, I think it's just a system of measurement, like measuring milk in pints and gallons or measuring distance in miles or kilometers: "time" is our way of measuring how long it will take for something to happen. It's a concept people invented to suit our needs, nothing more. Of course, it sure would be nice if you could travel backward in time and correct your mistakes, or prevent something bad from happening, but then again, if we did have that kind of power, life wouldn't have much meaning....would it?

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is way deeper than things that I'm used to reading. I had a very unique experience reading this, because my father would explain the same thing to me when I was a kid. It really took me back. Although Dad wasn't as poetic as the author in his wording. I think that the writer would be an interesting person to speak with as well as read. That makes me feel that these few paragraphs were wonderfully written to evoke so many emotions.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The only thing better than making people think, is making them want to voice their opinion. Shows you hit a nerve. I will spare you my long thoughts on the subject and simply tell you this was a great write. I like that you approached the subject from different points of view at the end, which is ironic because from different vantage points time is perceived differently. Whether it was on purpose or not it was a nice touch. The forth dimension is by far the best!
Much enjoyed!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Interesting. It reminded me more of an essay than a story but I still think it's a good write. Make you think of whether or not it really would be possible to travel back in time to see the ones you love and miss, or if we will forever be limited to seeing them in our memories...honestly, I wouldn't know how that would work exactly...but it is something to ponder.

Posted 16 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jwh
Very thought provoking again, I really like how you think and there are some good points here, but here is my input on the subject: in my opinion, there is no such thing as "time". That is, I think it's just a system of measurement, like measuring milk in pints and gallons or measuring distance in miles or kilometers: "time" is our way of measuring how long it will take for something to happen. It's a concept people invented to suit our needs, nothing more. Of course, it sure would be nice if you could travel backward in time and correct your mistakes, or prevent something bad from happening, but then again, if we did have that kind of power, life wouldn't have much meaning....would it?

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CD
Good Evenings,

One nitpicky grammar thingy-bob before I get to the rest of it�

�Either time just exist,�

-- should be �exists�

-- is �thru� supposed to be �through� or am I missing something? :-D



Now I know in your description you mentioned that it was more an arrangement of thoughts, but I do believe this �paper� has potential and could be made in to an interesting piece�I am going to have a bud of mine read this too, he is big on this topic so we�ll see what he think too..

Let me know if you make an in depth version�


Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008

Author

Ruby Moon
Ruby Moon

About
Interesting... I have nothing in particular I want to say. more..

Writing
1:42AM 1:42AM

A Poem by Ruby Moon


(A moment) (A moment)

A Poem by Ruby Moon



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ True Love ~ ~ True Love ~

A Poem by Legacy