Grade 3

Grade 3

A Story by Emma
"

This is a letter from a girl that talks about two of her worst experiences in her grade 3 class and how she was bullied by her teacher.

"
to you,
grade 3 was supposed to be fun. it was my last year in my jk- grade 3 school for after the last day i would be a student of a grade 4-8 school. grade 3 was supposed to be fun. instead it turned into a nightmare that didn't have an ending. correction, that doesn't have an ending.

the first day i found out my teacher. i had a bad feeling about this teacher because the previous year one of my friends had gotten moved out of her class because she was staying up till 1 am every night doing homework. the first day went fine. i was in a grade 2/3 split class. once i got home i told my mother about how my day had gone and about my fears of getting to much homework. little did i know that homework wasn't going to be my only problem.

after a while, things started to change. i had homework all the time and stayed up late trying to finish it all and sometimes, i didn't succeed. the teacher started picking on me in class and i started to fall a bit behind. most people would say that i'm a very smart young girl. but i didn't feel that way. my first and most clear memory of my teacher yelling and embarrassing me in front of my class was when i hadn't finished one out of the many worksheets she had given me for missing one day. i handed in the sheets with a look of worry knowing that i hadn't finished it and praying to God she wouldn't notice. but she did. she yelled at me and continued to ask me why i didn't finish it. the entire class was staring at me and i froze up. she repeatedly asked me why i didn't finish it and at this point i was bawling my eyes out. i couldn't say anything, i couldn't move and i couldn't stop crying. she told me to do the worksheet in the hallway, alone and take the work that i was supposed to be doing as homework for that night, on top of the other homework i had. i had an ea that's job was to stay with me all day because of my medical problems. my teacher told her to not come with me into the hallway while i was working. so i sat there, on the floor crying all over my work, alone. that day i went home and told my mom what happened. she comforted me and told me that everything would be okay. it wasn't though.

through out the rest of the year this had been going on. my parents had decided to make an appointment with the principal and teacher to try and discuss the situation. my teacher decided to not show up. we had thought the situation was under control but the absolute breaking point was when we were learning about drugs in class. in order for you to understand this you have to know a bit of the back story. like i said, i have a medical problem that requires me to drink a lot of water in a day. but i don't really like water so my doctor recommended that i put mio in my water to give it taste. and i did that. i was aloud to have it at school and on my desk and everything was good. until we were learning about drugs. i don't exactly remember how this came up but a website the teacher was looking at said something about a mio-like product that could be considered a drug. so a child asked what that meant and the teacher said that the stuff that i put in my water was a drug. she also said that i shouldn't use it because i have a medical problem. she said this in front of the entire class. i sat there with tears in my eyes. everyone staring at me. and then the teacher just continued on as if she hadn't said anything. my ea just stood there, watched and agreed and then later told me that i shouldn't use it even though i said that my doctor recommended it to me. for the rest of that year i was known as the drug girl. my parents had enough and i switched classes with 2 weeks left in the year.

to this day i still don't know why my teacher hated me so much. i'm now going into grade 8 and still am scared of her. i haven't used mio since and will never use mio in fear of people calling me drug girl. someday i hope my teacher reads this and knows how bad she messed me up. in grade 3 i cried myself to sleep all the time. at recess i was already bullied by my peers on the playground and then i would come inside to learn and be bullied by teacher. it has been over 4 years and every time i see her everything comes rushing back to me like i'm back in grade 3 . this is the nightmare that still hasn't ended.


sincerely anonymous

© 2017 Emma


Author's Note

Emma
ignore spelling mistakes and grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is so incredibly sad to read your story. People have no idea how much influence these kind of words can have. Especially teachers. They are supposed to create a safe environment. I feel sorry to hear that she hurt you like this. I think you will never find an explanation for her behaviour. I hope you can deal with this experience and you can go on with your life. Wish you all the best!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is so incredibly sad to read your story. People have no idea how much influence these kind of words can have. Especially teachers. They are supposed to create a safe environment. I feel sorry to hear that she hurt you like this. I think you will never find an explanation for her behaviour. I hope you can deal with this experience and you can go on with your life. Wish you all the best!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on July 8, 2017
Last Updated on July 8, 2017
Tags: story, bully, experience, anonymous, not me

Author

Emma
Emma

Writing
One day One day

A Story by Emma


My Makeup My Makeup

A Story by Emma


bullies bullies

A Story by Emma