Rain man

Rain man

A Story by Rups
"

Rain and hearts, find that moment in time

"

My relationship with rain goes back many years, it made the most difficult days simpler I believed, as I heard the sound of rain from my window sill my heart jumped in joy. Did I need anyone to enjoy the moment with, maybe no, the rain and I share a moment that many people wish to spend with that one person. It was like a blessing, like an angel passing by making people smile. Children jumping in puddles of water, old man and his lady walking sharing the umbrella in their hand. The young couple looking into each other’s eyes as the lady pushed herself against his chest, some people sitting in their balcony sipping a cuppa chai and looking quietly at the rain and enjoying the tiny droplets falling on their faces. It was a normal day which had suddenly turned into a beautiful evening.

I quickly announced my desire to step out of my house to my family as I heard the sound of joy, the sound of rain falling. None of us carried the umbrella, it was the middle of summer and we were already experiencing hot days in North India. Rain today was like a surprise you get from your close one on your birthday so we all quickly slipped into our shoes and ran down the stairs. Hands open, like a shot from Shahrukh Khan movie, we all giggled and laughed and let rain wash all our stress from last few days away.

My friends brother walked around and noticed us all making quite a noise, it was late evening and there were no street lights much on the lane so he told us to not take much time and get back to our houses in time. We told him we will and he made his way towards the other street.

While my friend and I stood talking endlessly of the day’s events. I suddenly noticed him standing on the other side of the street getting drenched in rain; he was dressed in a suit, looking sharp and well attired. I could see his face a little as the light fell from the street light on him. He turned his head towards our side and I noticed his sharp features and a strong gaze. He wasn’t very tall but his face had a charm that could make a few stop and look at him. I wondered why would he be getting drenched in the rain at this hour and that too in a suit, would he be waiting for someone or was he as excited as us to pleasure the raindrops on him. For a moment the lightning flashed and I felt I saw his face shining bright, in that moment I noticed a vibrant smile, and a striking stare it was as though the rain was purging away his pain while he stood still wanting to move. I smiled back with ease, and realized that I had never seen his face around. But maybe he needed the reassurance of a smile from someone who didn’t know him, who didn’t know his story, but who could relate to his moment of calm that the rain brought to him. 

© 2017 Rups


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on August 15, 2017
Last Updated on August 15, 2017

Author

Rups
Rups

Bangalore, India



About
hi i am an explorer, a traveler, a headstrong woman, someone who has achieved everything i set my eyes on and yet find myself looking which makes me a happy soul. there is so much to learn in this be.. more..

Writing
Extraordinary Extraordinary

A Story by Rups





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars