The old friends

The old friends

A Story by Azat Ruziev
"

randomly about relationships between friends

"

     She was taking a shower and he was making a breakfast. He is very excited of his future life with the new person in his house. Most of his friends will never believe that he is going to marry, because last year’s he was opposite of this mad idea and how he usually calls it « totally stupidity». But he didn't know that he will meet with person who will make him regret even it wasn't his blame. He didn’t expect that love can be so great that he is just happy to see her.


-         “Do you have any plans tonight?” -she said as her mouth was close to drink a glass of tomatoes juice


-         “I was thinking to go to the cinema and watch second part of “Cloud Atlas”- he responded very enthusiastically    

       

-         “Great! Could you take me after work?” �" came the sound from the corridor


-         “Definitely. See you! Good luck!”


-         “Bye honey!”


   He turned on dishwasher and went to read some fresh newspapers. He didn’t have so much free time because he was planning to meet with his best friend at 10 o’clock before he will go to lunch with his colleagues. It was very important meet for him. He is going to marry in next two months, but his friend didn’t even surmise it. The meet was valuable for him because he rented the big hotel in Hawaii for his wedding but all air companies sold tickets for huge festival in the same month as he was planning to celebrate his wedding.


   He dressed his new suite that was present form his friend from Italy and started to clean his brown low shoe. The door of apartment was closed. He met in elevator with the dog Rocky and with his old owner retired professor.  It was the worst thing that can happen with him, because usually their conversations take at least 30 minutes of time.


  Old professor is pleasure reason why he always late to his job. It was really difficult for him to apologize and run away. She was interesting conversationalist and she was needed help to walk with big white sheep- dog. Why was? Because she died few days ago and he didn’t know yet that it their last meet. She was sick and very old.


After twenty minutes he finished all businesses with Rocky. He turned on the car and went to very important meet with his friend.  It very hard to believe that this meet as important as the meet between the presidents of Russia and the USA that his heart became knock faster. 


He was listening radio news as always, but some strange thoughts flashed and he turned off the radio. The new album of Poll McCartney was playing in his car so loud that even the gray car in mile away was able listen the new genius songs. It was his favorite singer since his childhood and when he feels very bad or just very nervous he is taking the treatment in the form of McCartney songs.  


 He parked near of German chocolate restaurant where do they meet usually. He came early, so he decided to walk outside, because it was perfect weather to do it in the beginning of the most gorgeous season - the spring. He used smoke, but when he met with his future wife he decided to change his hipster lifestyle, so now all he can do outside of chocolate restaurant is to walk and enjoy of nature.


 He looked at his watch several times because he was very exciting for the meeting. He saw in the window of restaurant the old person who was playing the piano, so he opened the door and took the seat close to musician, who was veteran from Vietnam War. He ordered coffee for him as sign of gratitude.


After pleasure music he took a place near of the window. Waiter was coming but he still was waiting. He didn’t have wished to order something without his friend, but he was thirsty and his brain was demanding a cup of coffee, after while he followed his wish.


     His friend came late for one hour but he had excuses, his cat was giving birth, so he stayed at home for some time with helping his cat. But it didn’t impact for conversation as usually because they know each other since childhood and always could understand every circumstance.


 After some strange jokes about cat they ordered a cup of coffee and glass of tomato juice with two same cakes. Looks interesting isn’t.

 The sunrise was coming to finally level and room was almost full of natural lights. The restaurant was still not full; with just four new visitors include a cute old couple.


  They started to eat and during the conversation their voices were quite loud after funny jokes, which could understand just these two people, but when they talking about some serious staff like what is going with in Syria, they passed to peaceful speech.


 The first friend with official suit had a big blue eyes that were in contrast with his blue ties  His hands was holding a little brown spoon for a cake and left hand helped to drink tomato juices. The table between them separated by little vase of colorful spring flowers. The second one had a little bit a bent spine, so it was the picture like he was trying to lean.

Two times their conversation stopped by telephone calls from secretary to person in costume who was using very informal language with his secretary who was young boy migrated from Japan.


 When the second started to tell his offer, the first one started to think about his plan. He remained himself that this week he has to buy something for two year together with his wife and as well as his company will celebrate the new contract with big air Plane Company from Thailand.


 However he started listen his friend very carefully, but the offer was so crazy; he slightly no swallowed the big piece of cake in his mouse.


-         “What the health are you talking about? Do you want me to cancel 100 tickets to Hawaii and say them that my friend is planning to celebrate his wedding?  Seriously? Is bullshit!” �" he said after swallowing the cake


-         “You are as I remember the director of several airports and you can’t help me?” �" responded another


-         “No, because I don’t want to have 100 problems instead of one as well as loose the reputation”- he screamed


-         “One! But most valuable and you will save my life. I already said to every guest, except you that we are going to Hawaii. Do you want me to hear the screams of my wife and all these relatives and friend”- yield another


 Their voices became very loud and emotional after when offer was sounded. They discussed it like two presidents from different countries are trying to make some negotiate to hold peace on the common border. Their battle was continuing about hour then they did break and eventually started listen each other.


 On this time the restaurant was full of new visitors, but however the waiter didn’t forget about the male couple in suites near to the window. When he came to them they finished eating their cakes, but the cup and glass were not empty, so he ask maybe they want to order something else. But when he heard negative answer he took two plates and left.

 

The couple was very close to find negotiation and the second friend didn’t have time so today he didn’t debate very much as usually. The restaurant was becoming noisy and loud every thirty minutes, new visitors were coming every ten minutes.


The friend who called to meet had a south accent, but the opposite had a north accent, even something similar to British. They were both born in different states but spent their childhood mostly together, but after while their parents moved again to another states, but finally the fate made them together in university. They had very common gestures and were free to use them, but when their hands were busy they were shaking necks and heft their eyebrows.


However they had one huge differenced in emotion expression, the second friend in suite with blue tie  was opening his mouth so big, when he felt that he is friend is becoming crazy  that everyone could see every little piece of his teethes and disclose his narrow eyes.


To answer for these gestures another friend was smiling and didn’t expression that nothing should surprise him like it can happen with everyone and is pretty frequent situation. But his friend didn’t like this answer because for him it was ridicules, so he decided to use his loud confident speech. Nevertheless the person opposite was drinking his coffee very quietly and did the face that obviously he is right. The time was coning to period when people are coming to this restaurant for lunch break, so it became very loud.            

  

  In the end of battle they were trying to be less nervous and more reasonable, but it didn’t work well, although they finally agreed and were both satisfied. We don’t know how it exactly happened, but we know some other details. During the conversation their eyes were looking to each other, but sometimes they turned about to see what else they can see in this German restaurant, but they have been in this place for about ten years, so they didn’t find something new except the new wood chairs in the corner that seemed to be more comfortable.


They spent about three hours together but this conversation looked for them took whole day. They usually meet every weekend, but it was very important for the first friend, so they agreed to meet in the morning of the begging of the spring.

The problem with tickets to Hawaii solved in the last minutes if third hour, but the first time it seemed impossible to agreed, because they had absolutely different views to these problems. We don’t know how the second friend found the solution so fast, but it looks that he didn’t want to hurt his best friend and tried to help him with lie. He said to find one old plane and be pilot, to regulate himself all laws and rules.


 Actually he didn’t know where he is going to get plane, but the relationships with his friend is very valuable for him. The first friend was actually very confidence in support because he has never  heard “no” for his offers  from his friend and he usually doesn’t do it very much if  just something important happen with him.


However eventually they both were satisfied and glad to agree. They didn’t have time to discuss their plans for the spring break, but they knew that they are going to meet again on Birthday party following weekend. They both were gone afternoon and one went to lunch with his possible companion; the second one went to work.



© 2014 Azat Ruziev


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story is well written and is well structured.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azat Ruziev

10 Years Ago

o really? :) Thanks a lot!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 6, 2014
Last Updated on March 6, 2014
Tags: friends, crazy, idea, relationship

Author

Azat Ruziev
Azat Ruziev

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan



Writing
Her Her

A Poem by Azat Ruziev