Paved Fates

Paved Fates

A Story by Ryan William
"

A quick 1-2 min short story.

"

Paved Fates

By

Ryan William

 

A wide open field with grass as tall as a gnomes head spreads out for miles before being aligned by thick, sky reaching trees whose top branches have seen the past of these fields for centuries.

A slowly rising sun cascades over the trees as little stars breaking through their branches dance and swim against the vibrant rich greens of summer grass.

In the distance a tiny fire acts as a blimp of light, barely noticed amongst the sea of greens if not for puffs of smoke altering in directions as though a windless breeze was affecting its course of lifting.

Further away a similar scene is seen as another pops up even further in distance.

Again and again the signals of earth are seen for miles as the ships that would seal their fates used these very signals as a course to reach shore.

Where they would lay the foundations of their new homes, claiming ownership over the lands as they enslave, rape, pillage and conquer any life that stood in the way; the very lives that paved their way to the new lands.

© 2022 Ryan William


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on June 23, 2022
Last Updated on June 23, 2022
Tags: suspense, thriller, fiction, history, genocide