Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Ryan Walker

Gavin could not believe he was here. The band he had practically idolized for years, was just inside. He not only had the opportunity to meet them, but had a shot at becoming one of them. A shot at becoming one of Against the Storm We Stand, an internationally revered band.

 He severely doubted it though, however this did not mean he would allow the fear of disappointment to impede his hope, he never did. 

Besides his obvious anxiety, Gavin felt a little strange, he almost felt like a stalker. He knew the voices and the faces of each member; carved into his brain they were. He supposed that to be true for every fan though but, it was more than that. 

He felt that he knew Adam on a much more personal level; no, not knew him, but understood him, what he believed, even how he thought. The others were a bit of a mystery to him, but it was well known that Adam wrote the lyrics. And yes, like most composers, he wrote a lot of love songs, but these weren't the typical 'I'll love you forever love songs', no, these were about how to love and how loving heals, inspirational stuff. Gavin felt a strong connection to that, to him. He was able to empathize with anything he sang about; their philosophies paralleled perfectly.

Just before he knocked on the door, something occurred to him. If he had made it this far it meant that he obviously possessed the musical talent required. So that meant, that this wasn't an audition at all, they already knew he had the talent.

Recognition hit him like a hammer  'What they want to know, is if they can get along with me.' Gavin marveled at this. This was one of the competitions in life that wasn't based off of skill at all, but popularity. Like rush week at a fraternity, he thought dryly, memory surfacing: each member voting, each pledge want-to-be hoping to receive a bid, except this time, there was only one slot open, one bid made. 

'Well, now or never, this a good a time as any, with my confidence slightly lifted' and he began to pound on the door.


© 2013 Ryan Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on May 24, 2013
Last Updated on May 24, 2013


Author

Ryan Walker
Ryan Walker

Fort Worth, TX



Writing
Dawah Dawah

A Story by Ryan Walker