Voices

Voices

A Story by Sadiesmiles
"

Have you ever wondered what would happen if the voice in your head turned on you?

"
I laid on my back and looked up at the stars, a million glistening orbs, twinkling in and out of view. Gentle waves caressed the side of the boat, leaving me with a feeling of almost serenity, well as serene as you could get when tied up on a warship with a voice screaming profanities and threats in your head. You're probably confused, but I'm a very confusing person, so deal with it. Ugh, the voice has paused its endless mulct of words to demand me explain, and the voice always ends up getting what it wants.

Rewind to about three months ago. I don't know you and I don't like not knowing, so I'm going to make up a fantasy about what you were doing three months ago while my life was spiraling into turmoil. Three months ago you were sunbathing in Tahiti, surrounded by fruit smoothies and palm trees, perhaps a miniature poodle or two. Meanwhile, three months ago, I wasn't in Tahiti, I was turning eighteen. Frequently your eighteenth birthday is a happy time to be spent with friends and family, not for me though. My birthday started out with a splitting headache, quite literally splitting as the voice in my head broke apart from the rest of my brain to go rouge. You see, I have what doctors call split personality disorder, well a variation of it. Normally people with split personalities shift from one personality to another while the others are dormant. But my two personalities are both always awake, constantly quarreling with each other. The chances of having what I have are 7,000,200,048 to 1, lucky me, I'm a medical anomaly.

Anyway, the voice in my head, after causing great bodily pain went and made all kinds of trouble. See, the brain is like a living control tower, sending signals to other parts of my body and making sure everything is going well. But with the voice (she named herself Heli, which ironically means voice in the Estonian language.) my signals are all messed up, sometimes I get chills when I'm in 90 degree heat, and I have random muscle spasms. It's a little scary actually, knowing that there is another conscience in your brain. Some one else fighting for control of your body.



© 2015 Sadiesmiles


Author's Note

Sadiesmiles
Again this is a rough draft, critisism is appreciated. I will be adding more

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its really good so far!! Keep writing Sadie!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sadiesmiles

10 Years Ago

Thanks Clara

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Added on December 3, 2013
Last Updated on February 23, 2015

Author

Sadiesmiles
Sadiesmiles

MI



About
Hi! My name is Sadie, and I love to write! I experiment with lots of types of writing but I'm not that great at it yet. 😜 My friend request thing is messed up so please send me requests throug.. more..

Writing