I wish I had been there

I wish I had been there

A Poem by sarah

I wish I had been there
When you needed me the most
I wish I had been brave enough
To hold you when you needed me

I wish I hadn't been so afarid
To get close to you
During your time of pain
I wish I could change it

I wish I had been there
When your father
And best friend passed away
I wish I had helped you as best I could

I am truly sorry
I wasn't there when you needed me
I wish I had held you
And told you it would be ok

But I was to afraid
I am sorry I wasn't there
And I am sorry it can't be changed

© 2010 sarah


Author's Note

sarah
just a regret I have

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

sarah, you were there for him. i don't know of any way that you could have been there for him any more than you already were. you were a great and loyal friend to him, especially in his time of need. i know that that was also the time when it started to go down hill, but for the time that you were together- you were much better than he deserved.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red
There are some things in life we can't change even if we wanted to. I know the painful feeling of regret. It's never easy knowing that somebody you've loved and cared about has passed away. I understand how you feel, completely.
-Red

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ah, sweet , delicious, painful regret... nicely worded and very personal. i like this . sharing the soul is good for the soul, i think. good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Regret is an awful feeling.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very sad poem. Some people can relate to this I'm pretty sure. I'm one of them.
I don't know you very well but I'm going to say this anyways. Don't regret anything it only weighs you down. My grandpa said that to me, the night he was in the hospital. Just keep your chin up and be happy for what you have! Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Regret teaches us to walk softer and listen more. Friends are the one's who will sit with you when you sad and listen. Laugh and dance when the things in life fall right. Life is learning. Forgiveness is easily gain back by being a friend. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a sad and touching peice, sometimes when someone else is hurting, we shy away from them, not because they are hurting, but because we aren't sure what to say in some of these moments and don't want them to hurt anymore than they already are. Beautiful work..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The past is just that, the past, and there is nothing that can be done to change what is done. Just got to keep living and try to forget about the what ifs. Just gotta learn from it and be glad that at least it wasn't a never was.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel the some times, but I realize that I am only human and that I make mistakes. Peace.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can relate to this as well...He's resting in a better place now..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I didn't feel this. Sorry. I mean, okay I get what you're saying, but you're NOT explaining how it makes you FEEL. Tell us, the readers, what this wishing is all about. Not the facts, but how it makes you feel bad, how you're breaking, how you can't breathe with sorrow. You have to SHOW us what the experience made YOU feel.
Facts - anyone can write them. It's the EMOTION put to facts that make them stand out, make them noticeable.
I felt the ending was weak. "And I am sorry it can't be changed" Almost like you don't care, I feel a little defiance there, like, "I can't do a damn thing more so deal with it."
I got the impression that you are sorry for not acting when the person needed you, but you're also hurt by this person, almost like you aren't too fond of them, or hold a grudge for something they did.
Look, if you wanted me to say "it was awesome, i loved it, bla bla bla" I could. But I wouldn't be helping you in any way. This is what I thought, and you don't have to agree, take it with a pinch of salt. But I know you can do better than this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

600 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 27, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010

Author

sarah
sarah

CA



About
My name is Sarah just another Sarah, to go along with the millions of other Sarah's hehe anyway umm...I am really bad at spelling C and grammar it's a pain in the a*s so...yeah I won't U review books .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..