Should I live with "what if?"

Should I live with "what if?"

A Poem by sarah

Should I tell you?
No....
Well maybe?
Should I open up to you?
Of courseD not
You Iwould laugh

ShouldR I tell you I want another chance?
ShoulTd I tell you I want to try again?
Should I let you in again?
What Ywould you say?
Would you laugh at me?

ShouldW I tell you?
No...
Well maHybe?
Will you breOak my heart
Like you dRid once before
Well...woulEd you?

We loved each G other
We had the purestR kind of love
We gave each ourO hearts
But we neverSS had the chance
To see how far we could take things

So tell me dear
Have you thoughtP about it?
Have you wanted to tellU me the same thing?
Did youSS think I would laugh?

Should I tell Y him?
Or let it pass me by
And try to live with the "What if?"
I simply don't know

© 2012 sarah


Author's Note

sarah
This is just me thinking out loud a choppy poem but I had to write it

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I also have written about the "what ifs." If you do tell him and he does laugh and/or ends up breaking your heart; then what if you would have never opened up. Could you two at least still be friends? What if is appealing because it is a question that can always be asked and often never answered. It is just about taking experiences for what they are and hopefully making more right choices than not.

Posted 9 Years Ago


no one should ever live with a what if.
if your writing this poem, it probably means you have been living with a what if for WAY too long. life is about chances! take one, or you'll never get any farther than you are now. whats the worst that can happen?

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it! It reminds me of a poem I wrote concerning the saying that it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I disagree with this statement. Personally, taking the "what if" and running with it can be a bit scary. It all depends on the situation I suppose.

I like the constant questions. It adds a lot to the piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great job.. Sometimes the "what if's" are some of the best risks work taking.. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I live in "what if' alot, so i know what it like but you never know. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Those what if's keep us guessing. I like the many questions and the ending. I believe if you take no chances. Know no pleasure or happiness. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


We could write a whole book on this feeling... Its a poem that makes so much sense for everyone... We always live in the feeling of what if... Amazing work!!! Just love it...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice write, being in this situation of thinking what if and not knowing what you should do is something that most everyone if not everyone can relate to. I agree with Brook. I don't think you should open your heart up to someone who has already broken it then again sometimes people do change but most of the time its not very likely that they have because people usually only change by a matter of choice. If you did open up to them then you should be sure that they are a good person to put your trust in.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can totally relate to this. it's always a matter of weighing the pros and cons, but when they even out, what do you do? Lovely poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


the "what if" is a really tricky question isn't it? damned if you do and damned if you don't. i really like this, and it's not choppy, as you say, the meter gives it just the life and rhythm it needs to speak clearly the message. well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

510 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2012
Last Updated on October 15, 2012

Author

sarah
sarah

CA



About
My name is Sarah just another Sarah, to go along with the millions of other Sarah's hehe anyway umm...I am really bad at spelling C and grammar it's a pain in the a*s so...yeah I won't U review books .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..