The Dreamer Letters ( the 2nd letter )

The Dreamer Letters ( the 2nd letter )

A Chapter by Laith N. Al Adham

Dear Starlet,

 

Hope this finds you well dearest. I write again as promised even though I know that is one promise you wish I could break but in my defense, this is one wish of yours that I cannot make true.

The past month has been heavily full of pressure. I came across an empty shop and I set my eye on it. But as always, things have a funny way of turning into a mess. I feel as if I am a one armed man punching at the breeze, it’s difficult, it’s pointless and very consuming.

 

Blackie is not talking much to me lately, he’s giving me the “ silence treatment again “. I guess he doesn’t like seeing me this weak. But it’s the third month of the year and that is never a good month. Remember? You were there when it happened. Only you knew how to make me feel life once more. I guess blocking out everything from the ten years that came before it was a good idea so I wouldn’t remember happy times and grieve even more.

 

I remember the look in your eyes every time you held my hand as I thought of it. I know I’ll never forget that or the reason why a 10 year old child should be rapped against their will. I guess it scars them and almost anyone around them. But you knew how to make it easier on me, them. On us. 

I’m still looking around for a new place for the café. Thought I should tell you I’m naming it “ Starlet “ after you. I guess you’re in it as much as I am you might as well have it named after you.

 

 

I shall write some more soon, I promise. Hope you re well, hope you’re in joy, hope you find your calling, hope you smile a lot, hope you remember the goodness I had, hope you remember the greatness you hold. Hope you stay forever young.

 

Yours Truly,

Dreamer



© 2012 Laith N. Al Adham


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on March 30, 2012
Last Updated on March 30, 2012


Author

Laith N. Al Adham
Laith N. Al Adham

Amman, Jordan



About
I love words. I love music. I promised myself years ago I'd learn something new everyday and been doing so ever since. Ambition drives me and dreams guide me. more..

Writing