4. Dean's Diner

4. Dean's Diner

A Chapter by Sami Liam

4.
Dean's Diner

Romeo has been in my life for three weeks now, and I still haven't woken up from this crazy dream. I sat on the couch, my head resting on his lap, eyes forcused on the television in front of me. Romeo caressed my hand, and played with my hair here and there. It wasn't until the second movie was over when Romeo decided to go to the diner where Louise worked, Dean's Diner.
     I sat in the passenger seat of Romeo's black 2005 Ford Mustang with red leather seats. I enjoyed riding in the amazing sports car on our way to Dean's Diner. I've ridden in it over a million times in my stories, and in reality, but it still gives me butterflies when I make my way inside. He had a picture of us zoomed in. His arms are around me, and I'm cupping the side of his cheek, smiling into the camera. Shades were above my head, and he didn't wear a shirt. I saw a bikini top under my long hair. I remember that scene. I wrote it five months ago when we went to Miami during winter break.
     Knots formed in my stomach thinking about the picture. I looked out the window to see we were almost there. The radio blasted 90's music, and I found myself singing along. We arrived at the parking lot of Dean's Diner, and we exited the car entering the diner arm-in-am. Louis was leaning over the counter wearing her 50's pink skirt, and out blouse for her uniform. She had on plain white flats, and her hair was up in a ponytail with a white cap on top with Dean's Diner written across. She looked as if she time traveled from the 50's.
     "Hey Louise!" Romeo called, waving at her gleefully. Louise and Romeo became great friends. They can talk for hours about the oldies, and watch oldies movies all the time when Alec and I talk to each other.
     Louise beamed at us, and waved back. "Hey Rome, hey Jule!" We took our seats on the red leather stools. "What would y'all like to eat?" she asked as she pulled out her pad and pencil.
     "I would like a strawberry smoothie with a burger and fries." Romeo order his usual. Louise already knew this, but she insists on asking.
     "Chicken fingers and fries, with a chocolate milkshake." I order my usual. Louise beamed and said it will only take a sec, and left. "Romeo, how's Cassandra?" I asked about his mother.
     His jaw clenched, and his eyes focused on the cup of straws, his fingertips brushing against the silver cup. "She's getting a bit better. The doctor called last night, and he told me she can leave her bed by herself. Which is great." He tried to smile, but the sadness was too obvious for me to believe he was happy. "She's going to be fine." he said softly.
     I placed my hand over his. "She will be alright, Romeo." I whispered.
     "You promise?" he asked looking into my eyes hopefully.
     "I promise." I smiled and kissed his soft lips.
     Louise giggled, and I turned to see our food on the counter. I blushed and pulled my food towards me. "I'll be back with the check when you're done." she said roaming off to the next customer.
     Romeo ate silently, which was unusual. He would usually chat about the movies we just saw, or played a little game as we ate. But there was nothing but silence between us.
      "Romeo you okay?" I asked finally when I swallowed a piece of fries.
     "Yeah, I'm just thinking about Mom is all." he paused for the slightest second, "Which movie did you like better?"
     I smiled at his sudden question. "I liked Leap Year. It was so funny, and romantic." I smiled taking a bite of my chicken finger. "What 'bout you?" I asked through chews.
     He laughed, "Of course, you choose the one with the romance." I nudged his arm, and he laughed more. "Okay, I liked it, too."
      I made a false gasp, causing a fry to fall on the floor. "I cannot believe you'd like a romantic comedy!" This time he nudged me. "Tell me, oh Romeo, what made you like it?"
     "Because it was witty. I liked the quarter trick." He smiled remembering the scene. "Maybe I'll do it to Mason or Carmen."
     I smirk. "It better not be for a bed." I tease, taking another bite. He laughs at my pity joke. I couldn't help but smile. It's my latest feature, a smile.


© 2011 Sami Liam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I adore the relationship here. I'm a sucker for romance

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
1 Review
Added on January 28, 2011
Last Updated on January 31, 2011
Tags: romance, general fiction, fairy tale


Author

Sami Liam
Sami Liam

About
Sometimes life can be hard, others it's just too easy. Whenever we can find the right level, it only lasts a second. If I write, I speak words. If I speak, I write them down. It doesn't matter whi.. more..

Writing