The Real View

The Real View

A Poem by Sami Khalil
"

If you can only see...The real view!

"

The Real View/…………………………………………..By Sami Khalil

The view within is the real view.  A psychological poem.

The Poem:

You only see the ripples above waters as self-expression,

but not the merciless anarchy within.

You witness candles burning in the dark,

but not the residue of scar-tissues melting away.

You only observe weary eyes crying sadly in basted memories,

but not their wounds growing like fingernails.

You only glance at craggy mountains rising to drape the sky,

but not the stalled echoes within valleys.

You only stare at pallid grave sites at the edge of humanity starving for answers,

but not the dead and what have become.

You only spot a blind among the anointed blind... others hanging in the balance,

but not the one who dares to look at the sun.

You only notice beginnings and endings.

If you can only see…

The real view!

© 2014 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This reminds me of those "blinders" that they put on the horses to keep them from getting "spooked".. they can see the road ahead of them well enough but miss out on everything around them.. I think too many people "see" like this.. They are too focused on the road ahead to fix the road behind them and enjoy the road they are on, and the road ahead just stays in the distance.

Sometimes it is easier to just look on the surface instead of taking a deeper look. You are afraid of what you might find.. When you go deeper the pain becomes more real, the monsters more scary, the hurt more profound. When you look inside others to see who they really are you might not like what you see.

I think that is what is wrong with most of the world today. It is easier to just take things at face value instead of understanding things for what they really are. Seeing the person for who they really are instead of just what they WANT you to see.

The anger can disappear once you realize that it is due to a hurt that you can heal... The sadness can go away once you tend to the wound and heal the scar. The friend who is lonely can have that shoulder they so desperately need to lean on but too afraid to ask.

If we take a good hard look at those memories and past mistakes we can learn the lessons that are there waiting and keep from repeating them over and over. We must see the consequences that our actions have on others, how it affects their lives, their happiness, their well-being.

The real view is actually taking the time to LOOK: not skim the surface, not glance at, not take at face value, not gloss it over--but DEEP down inside and reflect.

I REALLY LOVE this piece Sami!!! It is my new favorite of yours....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Same here. Thank you kindly...:)...............
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

You're welcome kindly......:)...............
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

:)................



Reviews

We are often so superficial. Our lives are so brief that we have short attention spans; in the hurry of daily life we indeed often see the only beginning and the end. We don't see what others go through day in and day out or walk in their shoes. This poem is a challenge to think beyond that. And of course well thought out, well worded and presented, but I expect nothing less from your poetry.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. That is the gist of the poem and you nailed it on the head. So thankful for the time and effort.. read more
Jennie Baron

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

:)...........................
Everything is said, is done with intent, whether consciously or subconsciously. What many, I think, fail to see is to listen, to observe closely to see what is behind every word uttered, behind every action done and to understand that what is in the surface are only visual representation of what is within.

Sami, this poem is a home to me and also this brought me back to my favorite poem by Lord Alfred Tennyson : Tears Idle Tears.

I very much like how you ended the poem, you left us ( your readers) something to ponder. True that often we are being judge by our beginnings and by the endings, forgetting about what we were, what we have done in the "middle"...the usual, another great poetry from you.



Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. So true and well spoke dear Belle. You have added an icing to the cake. Thank you so much for t.. read more
An awesome addition to your collection, sami. I'd like you to consider calling WORLD POETRY OPEN MIC this friday.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you so much dear poet for the lovely review and suggestion. I will think on that. Many ri.. read more
The world is hurried and we hardly pause to recollect and reflect. In our continual chase of some temporal dream, what takes over? At some point, we forget that the iceberg we see is just the tip.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. So true and well spoken dear poet. I can't add more to those wonderful words. Many and many tha.. read more
Rachelle

10 Years Ago

Thank you for spurring thoughts and reflections….
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

:).....................
Love, pain, lust....so these are the days of our lives.

Very nice Sami!!

Regards
Troy

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you so much dear poet for all you say and do. You have graced me with your visit. Take ca.. read more
This write is really beautiful! Great work. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you so much Savannah for this lovely review and sharing. You are appreciated...Take care... read more
This write really had me thinking from the beginning and to the ending of every line. I love poems that not only play out in my head like a movie, but make me think and wonder as if I'm trying to solve a mystery. Beautiful.

Also, the painting is absolutely breathtaking.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you so much dear poet for all you say and do. So glad you like these types of writes. Gra.. read more
Ooo pretty imagery including the words. Red is probably my signature color but I love the way you wounded the words around the idea of lost love and the pain, road to recovery (if recovering) that follows. Your words reach the heart beat of affairs that unfortunately, we sometimes can't hold on to. You made me feel this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you so much Shirlena for the wonderful review and kind words. You always put a smile on f.. read more
Shirlena

10 Years Ago

:) I'm just returning the favor.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

:).....................
// You only observe weary eyes crying sadly in basted memories,

but not their wounds growing like fingernails.

You only glance at craggy mountains rising to drape the sky,

but not the stalled echoes within valleys. //

Dude, this is amazing. You blow me away with each write - so powerful and vivid.



Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you so much talented and beloved poet for all you say and do. So glad you like this write.. read more
What an impossibly great philosophy!! The notions that insists reader to change his view about normal things! The message this poem unfolds is 'The world notices only success but never the struggle behind it' .. A very outstanding poetry :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. So true and well spoken on this important issue that affects all of humanity. They don't see th.. read more
BlueDreams

10 Years Ago

It was my pleasure sir to read such a great poetry of yours :)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

:).......................................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3265 Views
91 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 15 Libraries
Added on May 4, 2014
Last Updated on May 6, 2014

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Perched Perched

A Poem by Sami Khalil


Legacy Legacy

A Poem by Sami Khalil