Protection

Protection

A Poem by Sammypookins

Don’t go out in the dark my love,
Do you know what lingers there?
Do you feel it’s breath upon your cheek?
Its fingers in your hair?

Does it call to you a melody?
A croon through space and time.
Now close your eyes, I’ll keep you safe.
Just put your hand in mine

Does it whisper promises and dreams?
All that you long to hear.
It calls to you I feel it’s pull.
Its whispers in your ear.

So don’t go out in the dark my love,
It’s waiting in the gloom.
Don’t listen to its promises.
Stay right here in this room.

© 2008 Sammypookins


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

it's - should be its :)

Good choice of words and rhythm. Good form.

Well imparted message.

This is a good piece

Posted 16 Years Ago


Hi there :)
A great spookiness lurks over this piece...just like letting ur imagination lose and then the dark 's magnet lurks u within its boundless terror, whatever going to happen is a future too dreaded to think of :)
Very different. A great effort indeed....cheers :))))

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting read.........the desire to hold,love and protect, but maybe from an unseen outside world, this could be written for a love, or child, and the almost eerie feel was very good even though it was entwined with love........fab!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Yeh this is cool, you certainly kick my a*s with your poetry. I thought this had a strange feel to it, soothing and caring but with sinister undertones, almost as if the 'protector' didn't want her love to go outside for her own selfish or dark reasons. What I mean by this is, this could be either someone purely protecting her loved one or someone who wants to keep a 'loved' one trapped by feeding nightmarish thoughts into their mind. Of course, I could be wrong, lol - it happens!! As usual your work is top notch and I thought this was very good.
I have thoughts now about your boyfriend shackled to a radiator in your room with you telling him over and over that if he tries to get out 'those that lurk in the gloom' may come and take him... wow, you're weird, haha. Nice work you old bag!
Cheers! HoWiE ;-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


quite beautifully poetic way of protecting a loved one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Every breath you take... I like the tone of menace underneath this one. Protection or obsession or all of the above? I like this one. I'm glad I cruised into it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2008

Author

Sammypookins
Sammypookins

Birmingham U.K, United Kingdom



About
Biography hmmmm what to write. 31 female. I work with children. I live with my partner Michael and our cat Mali. I love the ocean. I like honesty, and openness. I want trust and truth. I love to .. more..

Writing
Journey Journey

A Poem by Sammypookins



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..