The Noise of the Night

The Noise of the Night

A Story by Sam Palenzuela

I could still hear the soft noise of the crickets that flooded through the open windows. We sat alone, occasionally glimpsing at one another as he spoke passionately once again. I admired the twinkle in his eye when he loved something so, or when he smiled brightly as he shared his ideas. It was the same feeling that radiated throughout a room as a pianist played his elegant ballet with fire and drive. 
In some ways I hoped that I would too become a piece of his passion. Talking about the feelings that flutter within when I came near. Yet, as I watched him speak, I knew it would never be. I knew deep with in, his heart was never mine to begin with and I his. Smiling and laughing, I sat there numb inside. 
He loves another, one I could never compete with. I lost my game, without any redemption. But oddly enough, it didn't bother me. I just nodded and smiled, making occasional jokes. 
That was when I noticed maybe I was better alone.

© 2015 Sam Palenzuela


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on September 24, 2015
Last Updated on October 10, 2015

Author

Sam Palenzuela
Sam Palenzuela

Deer Park, NY



About
"When you love something doing something, don't stop until you get really good at it." -Vanessa Mae more..

Writing