that which you ask me to define

that which you ask me to define

A Poem by Kara Emily Krantz

I'm Kara, and I come from the barely-sifted soil of the Earth.

I would like to say I've always been strong, but the walls were meticulously built around me
to ensure my lack of flight.

I tried to fight it, but my light, it... was dimmed.

I was denied my Self along the way and yet moved forward as if the pain were natural and such a separation necessary.

Sometimes in the early evening when the light lay numinous upon the landscape in (just a certain way), I would allow myself to cry over my loss.

In the morning, I would move on.

I have attained accolades, and had my efforts praised, and yet along the way to Success... I stopped.

I packed my car, and with Panda by my side... I drove away. And with this return to the Earth, I came alive again. Clandestine dreams whispered to me of Change and Love, and I recalled the way the wind felt on my face, and the taste of cinnamon, and the secrets of my soul.

And I became Whole again.

Now I wish to take the gifts He has placed in me, and press myself upon the world; I have tasted reality and wish once more for the Dream, for it is filled with beauty and destiny... and has the latent potential...

to truly Be.

© 2008 Kara Emily Krantz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

lol... poetic...

Wow, great piece! This is so very deep and so incredibly detailed.

"Now I wish to take the gifts He has placed in me, and press myself upon the world; I have tasted reality and wish once more for the Dream, for it is filled with beauty and destiny... and has the latent potential..."

--I love that part. I'm pretty sure everyone wants the beautiful dream, rather than the reality we face: 'The best-laid schemes of mice and men/often go awry.' For some reason, that quote comes to my mind. Clearly, this poem really gets me thinking about the beauty of life and dreams. :P

Thank you for this poem. ^^

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

darling, I missed your writing. this is so very touching. what a brave tender dealing with frustration of a lost love... so naturally beautifil it is. love you kara-sweetie, this is a dear piece to me. favorite.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ooo I like the way you capitalized things. It's really quite good as an emphasizer. I like the long lines in this, almost a story... but not quite. I'm trying to write longer-lined poetry just now.

Your piece is touching, but HOORAY a happy end! You have found yourself and that's what matters. I have been away for a while so I don't know what's been going on with you (not that I really did before) but from the sounds of things that trip did you a lot of help in finding your "reality".

I'm glad. Everyone deserves happiness, and for it to be fulfilled to the max.

Happy thoughts for you x

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, the sweet taste of freedom and renewing of self is beautifully penned in this piece. What a fruitful journey you have been on. Fresh new start. :)
Blessings,
Kelly

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
I do love it when folks write with their heart... from their soul. Otherwise... why bother?
This is a wonderful testament of "you"! And the photo of a rocky and winding road is perfect. Not the paved and perfectly smooth super-highway most folks prefer nowadays. Instead, for you, a bumpy and sometimes winding and lonely country road.
Thank you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So who are you? And this would naturally be your answer.
We could all wish to be as strong as you and admit our faults and frailties, but the true test is to overcome and find your true 'Self' as you say
Keep believing in 'the Dream, cause it is filled with beauty and destiny'
and you will truly Be on your way to happiness.
Beautifull write once again by a wonderfull writer

J.P.O.et


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awe Kara what a journey into self discovery... I really enjoyed how you laid out your fears and doubts that dried out your dreams and how getting back to nature was the way to fertilize allowing it to grow... your a fantastic person with such great gifts this world is blessed to have. So I wish you plenty of love, peace and happiness.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

lol... poetic...

Wow, great piece! This is so very deep and so incredibly detailed.

"Now I wish to take the gifts He has placed in me, and press myself upon the world; I have tasted reality and wish once more for the Dream, for it is filled with beauty and destiny... and has the latent potential..."

--I love that part. I'm pretty sure everyone wants the beautiful dream, rather than the reality we face: 'The best-laid schemes of mice and men/often go awry.' For some reason, that quote comes to my mind. Clearly, this poem really gets me thinking about the beauty of life and dreams. :P

Thank you for this poem. ^^

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You are an incredible writer. You have the rare ability to express exactly what and who you are in only a few words. If I tried to do that, it would take a few volumes�

This was a splendid read, Kara. There's nothing left to say.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

An absolutely outstanding piece!
Reaches out and touches softly but intensely the readers' soul.
Strangely enough I can very much relate to your words.
As if you put into words how I felt and experienced life all along.

Bravo - an awesome write!
Kudos!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Just how do you manage to do that ? With everthing that you write i am emotionally moved. REally really moved. How can such a poetic heart of beauty know such suffering of the heart? Who is the fool that threw away a chance to dance with such depth in love by one as you? Damn him !! I say !! Your work is like the carrot that i cannot reach. A level of grace in words just beyond my reach. Loved this poem just as much as so many others of yours. Thank you!!

Mr. Lopez

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

744 Views
21 Reviews
Added on August 11, 2008
Last Updated on August 11, 2008

Author

Kara Emily Krantz
Kara Emily Krantz

http://karaemily.wordpress.com, MA



About
I am resolved to never be content with the lives of "quiet desperation" which so many of us lead, to continuously challenge myself, and forever walk in Beauty. I like pandas. I like writing poe.. more..

Writing