The Wizard Table: Chapter Five:

The Wizard Table: Chapter Five:

A Chapter by Sara
"

Benni finally meet's her target Detective Shane Thibault.

"

 

“I’m assuming you wanted to give this information when you had me followed, keep in mind that’s the only thing stopping me from pressing charges.” He said crossing his arms over his chest. “Only I can’t understand why you couldn’t come to the station or drop a package off with the information.”

“There’s more, isn’t there.” McKinley asked leaning forward.

 “Dr. Amirmoez was involved with some people and they have, you know connections. He did some work for them and I thought that they would have a way of making his�"um�"death look normal.”

“How do you know he’s dead, we haven’t found a body yet.”

Benni was genuinely surprised she had assumed that the two homicide detectives would have been investigating his death not his disappearance. “You mean he might have survived?”

She didn’t bother hiding her pleasure this emotion helped her sell the story.

“We didn’t say that.” Thibault said glancing at his partner.

“The how do you know he’s dead?” Benni said confused.

“There was some sort of fight in his office, and found a lot of blood.” McKinley said gently.

“Oh.” Benni said frowning. That didn’t sound like a professional hit it was too messy, too spectacular. Benni stood up if she were dealing with amateurs it changed everything.

“I have to make a call.” She said suddenly. McKinley squinted her eyes and looked at her partner.

“Sure, but do you mind telling us who you’re going to call?”

“Sure, I’m going to call my mother.”

 

“Why didn’t you call me sooner?” Maddie hissed as she sped through traffic.

“I needed information besides I knew you would follow me.”

“I was waiting outside for three hours, you could’ve called. You could’ve called!” She said honking the horn loudly at a pedestrian who had decided to run across the street.

Benni knew that Maddie would calm down she just needed to get the anger and fear out of her system.

“Where’s Arnold?”

“He’s paying a certain PI we know a little visit.”



© 2013 Sara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on February 28, 2013
Last Updated on February 28, 2013


Author

Sara
Sara

Toronto, Canada



About
My name is Sara, all you really need to know about me is that I love a good story. It doesn't matter what shape, length or style. The story is what I live for. I'll read any story, novel or book. .. more..

Writing
Identify me Identify me

A Story by Sara