Leslie: Day one

Leslie: Day one

A Chapter by BeautifulNightmare22

For a long time, the only people I could be myself around was my brother, and my best friend Leah Adkins. Things started changing when I turned thirteen. I'll start at the beginning. The first time I'd ever went to the mall not to shop, but to hang out with friends was this year. I know what you're thinking, what a dork! But I wasn't, I had a lot of friends, but no mall in town. There was a girl in my class that I never even considered talking to. But I was feeling nice so I asked her to spend the night. It was insane, we stayed up all night long on the phone with guys, taking pictures, and eating junk. Well, of course, one of the guys asked us to hang out with him and his friend at the mall. Us being girls, we said we would.
So there we were that next morning taking showers, doing our make up and hair. I had more butterflies in my stomach than the first time I went to Disneyland. When we got to the mall there were a lot more than two boys. There had to be at least ten. All of them were all over both of us the whole time, except one. Little did I know, that would be the one to change my life. 
 A month or so later, he found me on a website and friend requested me. So I accepted. We talked all night, and all we learned was that we both were easily bored by the internet. We planned to meet downtown the next day.
I remember it perfectly, every single detail. I woke up early excited to be hanging out with such a cute guy. I shot out of bed and ran to the shower. I spent at least two hours getting ready. Finally it was time to meet him. I left a note on the table and walked quickly downtown. By the time I made it down to the store my hands were shaking like crazy. They always do when I get nervous. Then I saw him waiting for me on the bench in front of the market, my heart started pounding like crazy, and I got a giant pit in my stomach. I walked as casually, and gracefully as I could, I probably looked pretty stupid. When he saw me he beamed, it was the biggest, most amazing smile I'd ever seen.
I had a slight skip in my walk as I went over and sat down by him. We both could not smiling. We started laughing at each others faces, and he asked 
"So, what shall we do?". 
"Well...I don't know, what would you like to do?" 
He replied wiggling his eyebrows, "Well I was thinking we could make someone's day a little more exciting." 
"Oh and how's that?" I asked.
"Come with me." He grabbed my hand, pulled me off the bench behind him and walked into the antique store across the street. He let go of my hand and turned towards me and said 
"Watch and learn." I watched as he walked up to the lady at the counter and said, 
"You're looking very nice today miss. How's business going?" 
Her face lit up and she said, "Why thank you, it's not going too well."
 He smiled his gigantic beaming smile and said "Well, I think I can fix that." as he walked over, grabbed my hand and walked out the door. 
"So what's the plan?" I asked. 
"Okay, start yelling at me like I...umm...Like I just cheated on you." 
"Oh I get it!" I replied in excitement.
"How could you do this to me you jerk!" I screamed in fake hurt. He slightly smiled, then changed his expression to a please-forgive-me look 
"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to...it just happened. Please forgive me, I love you." Now I was really getting into it, 
"No you don't! Just leave me alone! I mean how could you! With my best friend too!" 
Now people were really starting to crowd. As we were yelling we walked into the antique store, we both winked at the owner as the crowds followed us in. She mouthed the words 
"Thank you." to us. He winked at me as in saying we were supposed to make up now. 
"Okay...I'll give you one more chance, don't screw it up." I said in defeat. 
"I won't, I promise, I love you Leslie." 
And slowly, he pulled me towards him, bent down and kissed me softly. As rushes of excitement surged through me, I heard everyone around us make noises of happiness. 
He grabbed my hand and led me out of the store, passing through all of the now shopping people. More than half of them were staring at us in awe. We walked out of the building hand in hand. 
Once we got outside he was like "Well that was exciting! It only works every once in awhile though." 
He was beaming in triumph. "And now, what shall we do?" He asked looking around. 
"Well, I think it's my turn this time. Follow me." I replied. 
"Wait...first, what is you're name? You wouldn't tell me last night." 
"Oh, sorry about that. It's Ash, Asher Perras." He said proudly. 
"Well okay then, Ash, follow me." 
I grabbed his hand just like he had mine, and entwined my fingers with his. We talked as we walked down to the park, 
"So Ash?", 
"So Leslie?" 
"I asked first" I said in a smart a*s voice. 
"I asked more recently" He replied in the same voice. 
"Too bad" I replied,
" What is you're view on life? You believe in god? Fate? Love? Living to the full?" I asked. 
"Well, no to the second. I do not believe in god, I think it's someone people create in there minds to talk to when they have problems, but they are really talking to themselves. Just like as if you were to write down your thoughts and problems. And the third, fate, well no I don't want to. If you believe something bad is going to happen to you so harshly, that you cannot get around it, you'll live your whole life in fear. Love, that is a hard one.You never know if it's real at this age, all of our feelings are so intensified you know?"
And he looked over at me and flashed me that smile of his. Then that surge of excitement ran through me again. 
"Okay, climb out on that branch over the river." I told Ash. We were both in a tree about six or seven feet above the deep river in the park. Once we got out far enough that it was deep enough, but no current I told him to stop. 
"Ash, I gotta say, I'm pretty glad I met you" and he looked at me, his eyes glowing with happiness. 
"Me too Leslie, me too." Then he looked sad for a moment, like he remembered something, and it was gone. I leaned over to kiss him and he smiled. Instead of kissing him I grabbed him around the waist and pulled us both into the river. When we came back up out of the water he was laughing, then he dove back under. When he came up he has something in his hand. 
"Whatcha got there?" I asked playfully. 
"Come closer and I'll show you." He said. So I slowly swam closer and he cautiously opened his hand. Inside of it was a small green frog staring up at us. I looked over at his face and he was looking at it quizzically. It hopped off his hand back into the water and he smiled. 
"I have an idea." He said suddenly. 
"And whats that?" I questioned. 
"This!" He yelled as he grabbed me and threw me into the water. I swam over to his legs and pulled him under. He started screaming, making his voice sound like a girls 
"Aaaaaahhh noooo, I'm afraid the frogs will suck my brains out and I'll rot in the river!" 
"Oh gross, a girl wouldn't say that!" I stuck my tongue out in disgust. He laughed, and picked me up. 
"Ohhh, Oh no, there might be mutant zombies in the water that will eat me!" I said. 
"You said girls don't say things like that!" He yelled. 
"Well, I lied" I said laughing. He beamed and bent down to kiss me. 
Later when we were drying off I asked him why he looked upset when he said he was glad he met me. He looked up at me through his sleek blond hair and didn't answer. I moved closer to him and looked into his eyes.
"Close your eyes, please." He begged, his voice cracking. 
"Okay..." I whispered back as I closed my eyes. I reached out slowly to touch his face to make sure he was still there. I felt his cheek and he grabbed my hand, it was too late, I had felt the warm tears running down his face. I opened my eyes and pulled him into a hug. I pulled his trembling body closer to mine, feeling each warm drop of water as it ran down my back. 


© 2012 BeautifulNightmare22


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well I have to say this was very cute. Very much puppy love. The only criticsm I have is that every time a person speaks you should enter and indent, to make it easier for your reader to understand, this also helps with attention spans. Anyhow, I thought it was very romantic and the way you introduced her friend was interesting. So out of the ordinary for two people to meet and have a great time lol. The guy thing, I was so waiting for him to like rape her or kill her or stab her. lol. It didn't happen though. The thing about god I found hilarious...I love the viewpoint there, awesome. Anyhow, cute story so far. I miss writing stuff like this but I'm seventeen now, puppy love is farther down my trail, that is walking backwards of course.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well I have to say this was very cute. Very much puppy love. The only criticsm I have is that every time a person speaks you should enter and indent, to make it easier for your reader to understand, this also helps with attention spans. Anyhow, I thought it was very romantic and the way you introduced her friend was interesting. So out of the ordinary for two people to meet and have a great time lol. The guy thing, I was so waiting for him to like rape her or kill her or stab her. lol. It didn't happen though. The thing about god I found hilarious...I love the viewpoint there, awesome. Anyhow, cute story so far. I miss writing stuff like this but I'm seventeen now, puppy love is farther down my trail, that is walking backwards of course.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 28, 2012