Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Stephanie Baker

Making our way back to the truck all of us had been seriously scratched or bruised our clothes dirty and slightly torn and ragged now but at least the four of us were still alive.

 

Climbing into the truck for safety locking all the doors and windows we knew we would be safe Jack was wounded at losing his younger sister Maddison “What will I tell my mom?” Jack asked me I paused then spoke “The truth that she was murdered we will all get justice for what happened to Zach, Ivy, Holly and Maddison but first we need to get out of here” I explained.


Luccas my older brother spoke “I suggest we get some sleep first we should be safe in here then we can try and find a way to dislodge the truck from the mud and get the hell out of here” he said.


Everyone agreed “Remember the twins warning about two goners well that was Holly and Maddison who is the sinner?” Shaun asked curiously Luccas glanced up and met his gaze “I’m the sinner because I could never chose who I loved more out of Holly or Maddison and before they died and even before we came on this trip I had kissed both of them I wanted them both and I left them both in that cave alone” he said unhappily.


A song from the old worn out stereo played Hedley’s Perfect, the song fit Luccas perfectly it went something like this the lyrics.

 

I’m not perfect but I keep trying

Cause that’s what I said I would do

And I’m not alive if I’m lonely.

 

You’re caught in a lie

You’ve got nowhere to run.

 

Jack lunged at Luccas and started to strangle him Shaun tried to talk some sense into Jack but couldn’t get through to him “You were my best friend and all this time you have been kissing and cheating on my sister” he said furiously.


“Jack, please don’t do this so what if Luccas is the sinner we need to work together or all four of us are going to die after all this is over you can do whatever you want to him just for now let go of him” I said calmly.

Jack met my gaze and let go of Luccas and fell to the floor burring his face in his hands “What’s happening to me Dakota?” he asked I glanced at him then snuggled up next to him under the old blanket.


“Fear makes people do dreadful things but Jack you’re the saviour you have the power to get all of us back home” I commented. Jack shook his head and spoke “The only reason how were still alive is because of your awesome thinking since day one” he explained.


“Jack I believe in you, we all do so let’s get some sleep then we can wake up and discuss a plan of action” I announced kissing him softly on the lips he kissed her back letting a small moan escape his lips.

Luccas just lay there in the front seat of the truck, Shaun was slumped in the passenger seat in the front the two of them were sound asleep.

 

The radio played an Evanescence song and Shaun had awoken he looked around the truck and saw his three friends asleep he sat their listening to the song.

 

It’s true were all a little insane

This truth drives me

Into madness I know I can stop the pain

If I will it all the way.

 

Don’t turn away

Don’t give into the dark

Don’t close your eyes

God knows what lies behind.

 

Shaun quietly made his way out of the car and saw something glistening on the ground he bent down to examine it more closely it was a small knife, then he noticed the scientist Mr Murdock “Shaun my brave boy I have a proposition for you” he said quietly so only he could hear.


“What makes you think I would help you?” Shaun asked bravely, Mr Murdock took a threatening step closer to him “Oh I think you will, your slowly going insane if you want to get out of here I need you to kill one of your little friends and I know you will do it” Mr Murdock said with that sadistic smirk plastered on his face.


“Your wrong I can’t do it” Shaun replied then he heard a voice in his head fighting for control over him “You know if we get Luccas out of the way  Dakota will be all torn up at her brother’s death she will be all over you then we can have a little fun”  the evil side of him said.


Shaun tried to shake this thought from his mind then shivered “You could kill Jack and make it look like Luccas got rid of him” the voice said trying to tempt Shaun into making an impossible choice “You have an hour to decide or forfeit your own life” Mr Murdock said disappearing.

 

Shaun went back to the van not before encountering Dakota who had got out of the truck to stretch her legs “Hey it’s dangerous to be out here alone we should go back inside the truck” Dakota explained, Shaun nodded then spoke “I’m the insane one Angel” Shaun replied.


“Shaun you’re not insane you’re just emotionally damaged because of what happened to your sister and so if Luccas was the sinner, Jacks the saviour and your supposedly insane then what does that make me?” I wondered curiously.


Shaun took my face in his hands then spoke “Listen to me very closely…you’re a good person  and would never betray anyone” he said dropping the knife on the ground and hugging  me  I hugged him back.


A new day had begun Jack and Luccas had awoken to find me and Shaun outside “Jack has a plan but it’s rather risky” Luccas explained we all climbed back into the van to hear the plan “You want us to split up and search for a way out of this forest” Shaun questioned.


“It’s the last thing any of us want to happen but we have a better chance of getting out of here by taking different paths” Jack said.


Shaun spoke of Mr Murdock’s deal and how he will be coming back to kill him if he didn’t murder one of them.

Arming ourselves we climbed out of the truck and Luccas spoke “See you all on the other side” he announced “See you on the other side” Myself, Shaun and Jackson replied before going of our separate ways.

 

I heard a whisper on my shoulder

Pretending life is worth the fight

O can you hear the song of thunder

When fear strangles a soldier's pride

And on the surface of the waters

Will dance reflections of the fire in the night.

 

Luccas sensed he was being watched and began to hear that fright full song as he broke out into a run past the lake. Else were near Kali’s cabin in the woods Dakota moved silently but swiftly feeling rain water hit her face with such force I also caught my clothing on branches and as I pulled it I felt the material tear.

 

I heard the panicked voice from Jack, moving of into the direction of the abandoned land Dakota saw Jeramiah and one of Mr Murdock’s creations, Catching Jerimiah of guard she cut his arm of I watched as blood spattered the ground and my clothing and he fell to the floor.


Myself and Jack turned to face this hideous monster we was about to strike when the monster caught a light we glanced up to see Shaun hiding in one of the trees, he jumped down and spoke “I saw Luccas back there a moment ago he’s found a way out, but we must all hurry” Shaun explained.

 

I'm slowly drifting into slumber

Cause I have lost the force to fight

It's like a cold hand on my shoulder

I'll see you on the other side.

 

None of us looked that good but we struggled on towards Luccas who had spotted lights flickering nearby in the clearing and he swore he heard the sound of tyres on an open road. Hope had begun to fill us up knowing that this would be over soon.


We set of towards the flickering lights but getting cut off by Kali and Mr Murdock “You and Jack go on a head me and Luccas will  take care of these two” Shaun announced.


Jack and myself watched as Mr Murdock and Kali went to attack them they dodged it, Jack took my hand and pulled me away from the fight away from the fight now I broke free from his hold.


“Jack we need to go back I can’t let anything happen to them” I said trying to stay strong “If we go back now Luccas will kill me if anything happens to you”  Jack replied.


“I’m saving my brother and our friend and I can do this on my own or with your help I already killed Jerimiah” I said he sighed then spoke “Ok let’s do this” he explained we set of in a rush and managed to catch Kali and Mr Murdock of guard just in time before they killed Luccas they had already injured Shaun, their piercing screams ricocheted around us as they fell to the ground and started to turn into ash.


“You idiots why did you come back?” Shaun asked as Jack helped him up I looked at him and Luccas then spoke “I’m not a betrayer as those twins said I was” I announced Luccas hugged me I hugged him back.


“Let’s go home we can see if this town or village has a phone we can borrow to call the police and they will take us back home” Jack said we made our way through the trees until we found our way out this blood thirsty maze.


We were now facing a small quiet little town, as we located a pay phone Luccas dialled 999 and got through to the police department and gave them their current location and talked about the events that had happened.

 

“We must look some sight to the villagers” I said shivering as most of my clothes had been torn some of the villagers glanced and gawked at me as they passed “Hey look at her again like that and ill beat the holy crap out of you all” Luccas said angrily.

 

The guy closest to us backed off so did the others we watched as they left into a small bar just up from us. “So how long will it take to send police out to us?” Shaun asked we all looked at Luccas who paused then spoke “It will take one hour they said, we are also advised to go wait inside were it is warm the weathers a real b***h out here” Luccas stated.


We took shelter in a small diner relieved about having hot food and drinks again “Well at least we survived it’s still a shame though about Holly, Maddison, Ivy and Zach” I commented after eating and drinking we tried cleaning ourselves up we managed to get the blood of our faces but the torn clothing was still an issue.


With five minutes to go we huddled in an empty bus shelter to keep warm and await police rescue, it wasn’t long before the sound of sirens could be heard faintly in the distance and getting louder as they drew closer.


Realising we were safe made us all feel rather emotional in a few hours we would be seeing our parents again, the police ran over to us and wrapped blankets around the four of us Luccas and me was in one car then Shaun and Jack in the other.

 

“So are you ready to go home kids” The police officer said to Luccas and me we both nodded we answered questions on the way back just like Shaun and Jack, as they finally pulled up to the police station they took statements about the events that happened in Ever wood Forest after that we were given new clothes to change into and we waited for our parents to pick us up.

 

 



© 2015 Stephanie Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on May 10, 2015
Last Updated on May 10, 2015


Author

Stephanie Baker
Stephanie Baker

United Kingdom



About
My name is Stephanie Baker i'm 19 years old and hope to one day have at least one of my books published in a shop. My story genres *Horror *Teen and Young adult *Supernatural more..

Writing
Ch1 Ch1

A Chapter by Stephanie Baker