There's no place like home

There's no place like home

A Story by Savannah

It wasn't until I was laying in a bed that wasn't even mine that I realized that I missed the place I called home.

 

It wasn't until I was unpacking my clothes into a closet that wasn't mine that I realized I didn't know how I was going to manage this.

 

It wasn't until I closed my eyes that I realized home was farther away than I could ever imagine.

 

Don't get me wrong, I loved sitting down at the dinner table and not hearing any complaining, but dinner wasn't the same without the smart comments or my mom's homemade meals. And I loved swimming in the crystal blue pool of water with the Las Vegas sun shining down on my lobster red back, but it wasn't the same without my brother constantly splashing me.

 

I loved the feeling of change, in fact, I craved it.

 

But at night when all I could hear were the crickets outside and the sound of my own breathing, I didn't know how I got where I was or if this is what I really wanted. I told them I wanted a change for the better, a twist from all of the chaos.

 

But without all of the chaos, what was my life?

© 2012 Savannah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on January 6, 2012
Last Updated on January 6, 2012