Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by S. Barber

I have discovered that in the mist land, you cannot sleep. I tried endlessly, sleeping by the window to my family. I missed them so much. A month had already passed, and Faith was the only one still grieving. But eventually, she too got herself back in order. I loved her for moving on, but I also hated that she did, afraid that she would forget me. Every night, I would whisper to myself, "don't forget me."
On what would've been my 18th birthday, a few solemn weeks after my death, nothing. None of my friends, whom I hadn't seen at all, not my family, none of them even mentioned me, from what I could tell. It was awful, watching them, wanting horribly to go back to them, to say goodbye, to tell them I loved them. But most of all, I missed Jasper. Sweet, adorable Jasper, my loving boyfriend. I wish I could see him, kiss him one last time, tell him not to forget, that I wouldn't forget. 
I slammed my head into the window, out of anger, trying to crack it, trying to feel pain. But I, like this land, was simply a vapor. 
Two days after my head slamming, I decided that I would find someone, anyone, like me. I told myself to leave the mist land, to leave the window behind, because those that I could see, didn't love me anymore. I guess they decided to cope by pretending I'd never existed at all. On the day that I planned to depart, they had a truck haul my stuff away. I heard what my mother had said to the truck driver when he asked her where all of these items had come from. 
She simply said, "I've never seen these before in my life. They were in my house. Take them away, and do with them what you will." She spoke so serenely, that I almost believed her myself. 
When I walked away from the window that looked on to my house, I thought to myself, what if they really don't remember me? I considered then tossed the thought away. They are not your family any more, Farley. I told myself. But that thought kept fluttering back to me. Is it even possible to forget one of your children? I seriously doubted it. They had Faith, and it seemed that they were just fine with that.
For a moment I thought I heard them calling, you're just imagining things, I said to myself.
I did not look back at the window.  


© 2014 S. Barber


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on April 27, 2014
Last Updated on April 27, 2014


Author

S. Barber
S. Barber

About
ReadWriteLaughSmile more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by S. Barber


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by S. Barber