Mysteries II

Mysteries II

A Poem by Maxinne Marie
"

Got the betrayed-warrior-turned-assassin idea from all the Warcraft Defense of the Ancients (DotA) playing I do.

"

 

Darkness engulfed the horizons. A hint of smile curved upon my lips as I thought of something I once believed to be real - the inexistent reality of you and me. For some time you became my mentor, my ally, my protector. I led battles with you by my side. In the end, I stood alone.

 

Yet, I could never allow myself to fall. I knew, somehow, that I did not need the one whom I believed was my hero. You could not save me. You were a lie. Everything about you, everything you did, everything you ever told me were all lies.

 

I finally realized how strong I was when I stopped trusting you. My power roused me. And I destroyed the nemesis.

 

I finally found that I was the only one who could save me.

 

You were my mentor, my ally, my protector. I loved you. But you turned out to be a lie. Veracity to you was a blinding light, and hiding from it was your strength. To me, it was weakness.

 

You are gone, betrayer - silenced by my own blade. All that was unspoken will be left unspoken. I do not need to know. I wish to be left in the dark, for in mystery, I find my freedom.

 

And now, with a wicked little smile, I wait. In the shadows, I stay. Betrayers will be silenced. For justice. For truth.

 

 

July 16, 2007 © Maxinne Marie

© 2008 Maxinne Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it.
A little angsty, but still its ok.
"For justice. For truth"
I'm just wondering though if for a bit more of a hit at the end you could aim for more powerful words that meant truth and justice. I'm sorry but just feel it could be more. =)
But still I like it all the same.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"You are gone, betrayer – silenced by my own blade. All that was unspoken will be left unspoken. I do not need to know. I wish to be left in the dark, for in mystery, I find my freedom.
"

....This could very well explain any life that has endured pain, and is not willing to trust again.

I enjoyed reading this!


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

If you take away the knowledge of it being inspired by a computer game then you have a bitter tale, almost of growing up, of the end of trust and innocence. I agree that the language is almost gothic, which adds to the dark almost malevolent atmosphere that's created.
Good one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

you're very correct, Mr. RC, it is a stand-alone piece and not a continuation of "Mysteries". I can't think of a different title for this, though, so I gave it a part II thing. hehe ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

This reads like a love letter (or death threat) written in the 18th century. I love the symbolic language and dark undertones. This is a very nice piece. An awakening of a guarded spirit.

Peace and Love,
Marshell

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

powerful yet exuberant in the sense that it was fully enticed by real condiments of real structure of reality in the mid line of sanity. the battle schemes was sued to be metamorphic in many aspects, but the best humane experience is about being real, knowing what's next on a drastic situation and know what to do, eventually...it was seen in many verses, which is very contrasting, and clear. i say it is more complete than the first. i believe it is more of a stand-alone piece than being a part-II script.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

yudi..todays popular poem bah... hehehe....
..danay lg ...d q any pag-basahun...

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Deliciously dark!

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Oh, brill! ... Love especially the ending; ..."And now, with a wicked little smile, I wait ..." xxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

I like this...it is honest, even if it was inspired by a PC game...I like the painful realization that set in on you, when you realized that you had to do it alone...

Veritas & Aequitas indeed.

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

This is a great short story, def not a prose poem, you did a great job on this, thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on March 22, 2008

Author

Maxinne Marie
Maxinne Marie

Iloilo City, Western Visayas, Philippines



About
The Flightless Angel Maxinne Marie Belo Sentina. Portrait photographer, beauty/fashion blogger, aspiring musical theatre singer, poet, mermaid, RN. Graduated from West Visayas State University. Loves.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silent Decade Silent Decade

A Poem by Bubo